Separation quotes63 separation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“One minute you're closer to someone than anyone in the world, the next minute you're never going to see them again.”
“- Marion Silver: When are you coming home?
- Harry Goldfarb: Soon.
- Marion Silver: When?
- Harry Goldfarb: Soon, you holding out alright?
- Marion Silver: Harry... can you come today?
- Harry Goldfarb: Yeah... I'll come today.”
“- Shug Avery: Celie is coming with us to Memphis.
- Albert: Over my dead body.
- Shug Avery: You satisfied? That what you want?
- Albert: [to Celie] Now what's wrong with you?
- Celie Johnson: You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.”
“You know what it's like getting up every morning feeling hopeless, feeling like the love of your life is waking up with the wrong man? But, at the same time, hoping that she still finds happiness, even if it's never going to be with you?”
“I can't play Pooh to your Christopher Robin.”
“They may separate us, but they’ll never be able to destroy us.”
“- Albert: You know, honestly, I never knew I could feel like this. You know? I swear I'm going out of my mind. It's like I want to throw myself off of every building in New York. I see a cab and I just wanna dive in front of it because then I'll stop thinking about her.
- Hitch: Look, you will. Just give it time.
- Albert: That's just it. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kirk: This is good-bye?
- Dr. Gillian Taylor: Why does it have to be good-bye?
- Kirk: Well, like they say in your century, I don't even have your telephone number.”
“The World is built in a wall that separates kind. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter.”
“I can't take this constant nagging. I'm leaving you, Jerry. I'm leaving you, and I'm taking the monkey with me.”
“- Reese Bobby: [walks into the classroom] Excuse me, darling. I'm Reese Bobby. I'm here for career day with my son, Ricky.
- Young Ricky: Dad!
- Reese Bobby: Hey there, boy! Man, you got big. How long's it been? Three, four months?
- Young Ricky: Ten years.
- Reese Bobby: Ten years? Man, I gotta lay off the peyote.”
“- Lindsey: What are people like, on the inside?
- Powder: Inside most people there's a feeling of being separate, separated from everything.
- Linsey: And?
- Powder: And they're not. They're part of absolutely everyone, and everything.”
“- Parrot Umbrella: Awk, that's gratitude for you. Didn't even say goodbye?
- Mary Poppins: No, they didn't.
- Parrot Umbrella: Look at them! You know, they think more of their father than they do of you!
- Mary Poppins: That's as it should be.
- Parrot Umbrella: Well, don't you care?
- Mary Poppins: Practically perfect people never permit...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Plenty of guys have broken up with me. You just beat them up and move on.”
“- Connie Sumner: We could end this now and nobody would get hurt.
- Paul Martel: I'd get hurt.”
“- Simba: You will stay where I can keep an eye on you, away from him!
- Kiara: You don't know him!
- Simba: I know he's following in Scar's pawprints, and I must follow in my father's.
- Kiara: You will never be Mufassa!”
“- Julie Ford: I guess I'll see you in eight months.
- Fred Z. Randall: Boy. I wish I had nine hundred twenty-eight dollars for every time a girl said that to me!”