Jared Leto quotes
“It's nice to be able to communicate digitally with people around the world.”
“- Rayon's Father: I suppose I should thank you for wearing men's clothes and not embarrassing me.
- Rayon: Are you ashamed of me? 'Cause I hadn't realized that.
- Rayon's Father: God help me.
- Rayon: He is helping you. I have AIDS.”
“Oh, I'm not gonna kill you... I'm just gonna hurt you really, really bad.”
“- Rayon: I'm Rayon.
- Ron Woodroof: Congratulations... fuck off and go back to your bed.”
“I understand a lot of the female needs. I'm not saying I know all of them all the time though.”
“Music is subjective to everyone's unique experience.”
“- Sara Goldfarb: How come you know more about medicine than a doctor?
- Harry Goldfarb: Believe me, Ma: I know.”
“- Marion Silver: I love you, Harry. You make me feel like a person. Like I'm me and I'm beautiful.
- Harry Goldfarb: You are beautiful. You're the most beautiful girl in the world. You are my dream.”
“- Alexander: We all suffer. Your father, mine. They all came to the end of their time and in the end, when it's over, all that matters is what you've done.
- Hephaistion: You once said the fear of death drives all men. Are there no other forces? Is there not love in your life, Alexander?”
“- Marion Silver: When are you coming home?
- Harry Goldfarb: Soon.
- Marion Silver: When?
- Harry Goldfarb: Soon, you holding out alright?
- Marion Silver: Harry... can you come today?
- Harry Goldfarb: Yeah... I'll come today.”
“Somebody like you can really make things all right for me.”
“- Sara Goldfarb: I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tyrone C. Love: California, here we come.
- Harry Goldfarb: It's Florida, Ty. Florida.
- Tyrone C. Love: California, Florida, whatever. Either way, your pale ass is getting a tan.”
“How do you live in New York and not have a single percocet?”
“- Alexander: It's a high ransom she charges for nine months lodging in the womb.
- Hephaistion: Bring her to Babylon, Alexander. It'll give her such joy.
- Alexander: Joy! I am the cracked mirror of her dreams... Stay with me tonight Hephaistion.
- Hephaistion: What bothers you?
- Alexander: I see in her everything I fear. Yet I have no idea...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Seventeen years I've been waitin' for this day. Freedom. The oyster of my life about to open. Instead, it feels like a badger died in my stomach. And I've an awful feeling that nothing will ever change.”
“- Hephaistion: The generals are upset. They question your obsession with Darius. They say it was never meant for you to be king of Asia.
- Alexander: Naturally. They want only to return to their homes rich with gold, but I have seen the future, Hephaistion!”
“- Hephaistion: What would you do if you ever reached the end of the world? I wonder sometimes, if it's not your mother you run from, so many years, so many miles between you, what is it you fear?
- Alexander: Who knows these things? When I was a child my mother thought me divine; my father, weak. Which am I, Hephaistion? Weak or divine?”
“- Hephaistion: Some say these Alexandrias have become extensions of Alexander himself. They draw people into the cities so as to make slaves.
- Alexander: But we've freed them, Hephaistion, from the Persias, where everyone lived as slaves! To free the people of the world! Such would be beyond the glory of Achilles. Beyond Heracles!”
“Today's the thirtieth of June. My exam results should come on the 18th of August. God, it's not long. Forty-nine days, then I'm dead. If I was a real rebel, I wouldn't give a damn.”
“Sometimes to expect the best from everyone is arrogance.”
“Pity and grief will only destroy you.”