California quotes48 california quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I did live in California. I called it the Hollywood syndrome, make it, lose it, forget it -- I'm back home!”
“Some of these buildings are over 20 years old.”
“- Mama Lil: You got a man?
- Novalee Nation: No.
- Mama Lil: This isn't one of them artificial spermanation things, is it?
- Novalee Nation: No.
- Mama Lil: Then where is the prick who put you in this mess?
- Novalee Nation: California.
- Mama Lil: That figures. All the pricks move to California. They oughta call it Prickafornia.”
“- Rusty James: What do you think California's like? Like all that shit in the movies. Blondes walkin' around, The Beach Boys, palm trees, the ocean. How was the ocean?
- The Motorcycle Boy: I didn't get to the ocean.
- Rusty James: No?
- The Motorcycle Boy: California got in the way.
- Rusty James: California got in the way? I thought California...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know what the difference between the state of California and Titanic? And this is being webcast, and I know I'm going to regret this - at least when the Titanic went down, the lights were on.”
“I spend a lot of time in California, but New York is still my main home.”
“California is full of Mexican culture and Mexican music.”
“You want to know how California got it's name? It's not named after some explorer, or king. Nope. Someone made the name up - a writer. He just pulled it out of his imagination in the 16th century, in Spain. He made up this place where there was unlimited gold, and pearls, and beautiful fierce women who wore gold armor, and rode wild beasts. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Roy O'Bannon: There's this new thing they're starting out in California: moving pictures. There's no sound, so we won't have to worry about the language problem, and I think the kung fu stuff could be huge! People are dying for a good action flick.
- Chon Wang: Chon Wang, movie star? It could work.”
“- Staunton's Secretary: I was in California once. How do you get any work done with all that sunshine?
- Katherine Ann Watson: We tan in class.”
“- Trudi: I'll have a decaf espresso.
- Morris Frost: I'll have a double decaf cappuccino.
- Ted: Give me decaffeinated coffee ice cream.
- Harris K. Telemacher: I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon.”
“- Tyrone C. Love: California, here we come.
- Harry Goldfarb: It's Florida, Ty. Florida.
- Tyrone C. Love: California, Florida, whatever. Either way, your pale ass is getting a tan.”
“They say that twenty seconds in the California sunshine is too much these days, ever since we lost the ozone layer, but that was before Sunblock 5000. Just apply a pint to your body and you're good for hours. See you by the pool.”
“- Lily Yuriko Kawamura: Japanese aren't allowed to marry non-Japanese in the state of California.
- Older Mini McGann: Why?
- Lily Yuriko Kawamura: Because it was against the California laws.
- Older Mini McGann: So where did you go?
- Lily Yuriko Kawamura: Seattle.
- Older Mini McGann: Why did you go to Seattle?
- Lily Yuriko Kawamura: 'Cause...” (continue)(continue reading)
There's an old saying: "Nobody comes from Los Angeles. Everybody comes to Los Angeles”. But if you do come from Los Angeles, then chances are you come from Pasadena.
“- Vada Sultenfuss: California. I'm going to Hollywood to live with the Brady Bunch.
- Thomas J. Sennet: I wanna live with them too.
- Vada Sultenfuss: No, you can't. They have enough kids. You'll have to live with the Partridge Family.
- Thomas J. Sennet: Really?!”