“The Music Man” quotes(1962)
Plot – Harold Hill is a swindler who arrives in the grim River City with the purpose of deceiving the community, pretending to coordinate a band of young adults and running away with the money. Things get worse when he falls in love with a girl who works in the library. From that moment onwards, his true mission is to distract her from finding out the truth.
All actors – Robert Preston, Shirley Jones, Buddy Hackett, Hermione Gingold, Paul Ford, Pert Kelton, Bills The Buffalo, Timmy Everett, Susan Luckey, Ron Howard, Harry Hickox, Charles Laneshow all
“The Music Man” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Tommy Djilas: Mayor Shinn, your honor, your daughter and I have been going steady behind your back.
- Mayor George Shinn: What?
- Tommy Djilas: We'd rather be doing it in front of your back.
- Mayor George Shinn: Doing what?
- Tommy Djilas: Well...
- Mayor George Shinn: Never mind!”
“Never allow the demands of tomorrow to interfere with the pleasure and excitement of today.”
- Mayor George Shinn: Not one poop out of you, Madame!
- Eulalie Mackechnie Shinn: I think he means "peep"!
- Mayor George Shinn: Yes!
“- Marian Paroo: No, please, not tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
- Harold Hill: Oh, my dear little librarian. You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.”
“Not boys' bands? Well, ain't no call for a boys' band in this town. Anything these Iowa people don't have already, they do without.”
“It's a well-known principle that if you keep the flint in one drawer and the steel in the other, you'll never strike much of a fire.”
“- Marcellus Washburn: I heard you was in steam automobiles.
- Harold Hill: I was... till someone actually 'invented' one!”