Quotations quotes100 quotations quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
Ground team, you're up that trail, you've got the grid coordinates. Air team, you follow me down this creek. Well, that's it... it's game time. I had a speech prepared, but I guess I forgot it. There are some lines from Julius Caesar. "If a man were to know the end of this day's business, here it come; but it suffices that the day will end, and... (continue)(continue reading)
- June Mills: I need you, Eric.
- Eric Stanton: [sarcastically] You need me, right.
- June Mills: You're my husband, and I'm your wife.
- Eric Stanton: Right out of a book, again.
- June Mills: Yes, out of a book: "We were born to tread the earth as angels, to seek out heaven this side of the sky. But they who race above shall stumble in the... (continue)(continue reading)
Jefferson's an American saint because he wrote the words, "All men are created equal." Words he clearly didn't believe, since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He was a richwine snob who was sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So yeah, he wrote some lovely words and aroused the rabble, and they went out and died for those words,... (continue)(continue reading)
“I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.”
“A child without courage is like a night without stars!”
“A gentleman's quote is a gentleman's word.”
- Heather: It's just like Hamlet said, "to thine own self be true".
- Cher: Hamlet didn't say that.
- Heather: I think I remember Hamlet accurately.
- Cher: Well, I remember Mel Gibson accurately, and he didn't say that. That Polonius guy did.
“I roll joints in pages from philosophers' books. It's like smoking their thoughts.”
- Baby: You and I are a team, Doc.
- Doc: Don't feed me any more lines from "Monsters Inc.". It pisses me off.
“- Mary Katherine Gallagher: Okay, I just wanna say one thing to all of you. Don't listen to the names that people call you. If you believe in yourself, then nobody can hurt you. You are your own rainbow.
- Maria: Wow. That's really insightful.
- Mary Katherine Gallagher: That's from 'The Initiation Of Sarah' starring Miss Shelley Winters.”
- Kirk: "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer by".
- McCoy: Melville.
- Spock: John Masefield.
- McCoy: Are you sure about that?
- Spock: I am well-versed in the classics, Doctor.
“- Aja: Did you just quote a Beyoncé song?
- Jem: Yeah, cuz she got it so right!”
- Lester Siegel: We made history today. "History starts out as farce and ends up as tragedy".
- John Chambers: Quote's the other way around.
- Lester Siegel: Yeah? Who said it?
- John Chambers: Marx.
- Lester Siegel: Groucho said that?
“- Dave Skylark: This whole time I thought you were Samwise to my Frodo. But you're just... Boromir!
- Aaron Rapaport: I don't know who the fuck that is!
- Dave Skylark: 'I don't know who Boromir is', that's such a Boromir thing to say!”
- Apocalypse, Inc. Chairman: "Neither a borrower, nor a lender be..." - Shakespeare.
- Homeless Couple: "Fuck You..." - David Mamet.
- Marcy: My husband was a movie freak. Actually, he was particularly obsessed with one movie, "The Wizard of Oz". He talked about it constantly. I thought it was cute at first. On our wedding night, I was a virgin. When we made love - you've seen the movie, haven't you?
- Paul Hackett: "The Wizard of Oz"? Yeah, I've seen it.
- Marcy: Well, when... (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't use a cannon to kill a mosquito. Confucius.”