“The Village” quotes(2004)
Plot – Covington is a small village in Pennsylvania which counts about 60 inhabitants who live, apparently, in a calm and happy atmosphere. None of them has ever gone away from there, much less goes into the nearby forest where, according to ancient beliefs, live some unknown mythical creatures. Lucius, a brave young man, decides it's time to demystify the legend.
All actors – Bryce Dallas Howard, Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody, William Hurt, Sigourney Weaver, Brendan Gleeson, Cherry Jones, Celia Weston, John Christopher Jones, Frank Collison, Jayne Atkinson, Judy Greer, Fran Kranz, Michael Pitt, Jesse Eisenberg, Charlie Hofheimer, Scott Sowers, Zack Wall, Pascale Renate Smith, Jordan Burt, Jane Lowe, Charlie McDermott, Robert Lenzi, Willem Zuur, Liz Stauber, Tim Moyer, Sydney Shapiro, Mia Rose Colona, Chloe Wieczkowski, Sydney Wieczkowski, M. Night Shyamalan, John Rusk, Joey Anaya, Kevin Foster, Robert Randolph Caton, Christopher Descano, John Dinan, Evangeline, Sean Andrew Fash, Matthew Flynn, David Foster, Thomas M. Hagen, Jessica Jennings, Shannon Lambert-Ryan, Nicholas Alexander Martinoshow all
“The Village” Quotes 10 quotes
“- August Nicholson: If this place is worthy, she'll be successful in her quest.
- Mrs. Clack: How could you have sent her. She is blind.
- Edward Walker: She is more capable than most in this village. And she is led by love.”
“- Alice Hunt: And what makes you think that he has feelings for me?
- Lucius Hunt: The way he never touches you.”
“Kitty, is to be married. She's found love... again. It's Christop Crane. You'd think an odd match though. He won't sit back in his chair for fear of setting wrinkles in his shirt.”
“Sometimes we don't do things we want to do so that others won't know we want to do them.”
“We have protected innocence that I'm not willing to give up.”
“The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe.”
“- Ivy Walker: I am in love.
- Edward Walker: I know.
- Ivy Walker: He is in love with me.
- Edward Walker: I know.
- Ivy Walker: If he dies... all that is life to me will die with him.”
“- Ivy Walker: When we are married, will you dance with me? I find dancing very agreeable. Why can you not say what is in your head?
- Lucius Hunt: Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever...” (continue)(continue reading)