Surrender quotes89 surrender quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Stephen Falken: The whole point was to find a way to practicenuclear war without destroying ourselves. To get the computers to learn from mistakes we couldn't afford to make. Except, I never could get Joshua to learn the most important lesson.
- David Lightman: What's that?
- Stephen Falken: Futility. That there's a time when you should just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next. As for me, I will live longer than my hangman.”
“Find the ones who haven't given up. They're the future.”
“When you give up your dream, you die.”
“- Fred: You know you could give up the game, and that would be all right with me. In fact, I want you to give it up.
- Josh: But I can't.
- Fred: Why not?
- Josh: Because I have to play. I have to.”
“- Hubbell: You never give up, do you?
- Katie: Only when I'm absolutely forced to.”
“- Maj. Henrich Prinz: You Americans, you always have so much of everything. No matter. Eventually you have to surrender.
- Lt. Leak: I don't think so.”
“- Nate Newton: Why are they taking the platform down?
- Casey Newton: Because it's hard to have ideas. And easy to give up.
- Nate Newton: But you won't, right?
- Casey Newton: Never.”
“- Ben Campbell: You know, ever since I was 16, I crushed exams. I took on extracurricular. I showed up early. I even sat at the front of the class and stayed late. Man, I gave up everything. You know, I gave up fun. I gave up sex.
- Miles Connoly: I don't think you gave up sex.
- Ben Campbell: Okay, maybe not sex.”
“No retreat, no surrender!”
“They say the word peace, but at the end of the day, all they want is surrender.”
“- Hela: It's come to my attention that you don't know who I am. I am Hela. Odin's firstborn. Commander of the legions of Asgard. The rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death. My father is dead. As are the princes. You're welcome. We were once the seat of absolute power in the cosmos. Our supremacy was unchallenged. Yet Odin stopped...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Quitting is not going to make you stronger, living will.”
“I don't know what he can do to save us. But I do know that as long as there is a single breath left in his body he will not give up and neither can we.”
“The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.”
“I've become what I despise. I cheated my profession, cheated myself, I cheated basketball. There's two words I didn't think would ever come out of my mouth, I didn't think I'd ever be able to say... I quit.”
“- Sgt. Toomey: What would you do if the entire Japanese Army were behind you?
- Eugene Morris Jerome: Surrender and get some sleep.”
“I've been knocked down, blown up, lied to, shit on, and shot at. So nothing surprises me much anymore, except the things that people do to each other.”
There's no use trying. Last night my fortune cookie said, "Give it up - you loser!".
“- Violet Sanford: Why won't you give up on this?
- Kevin O'Donnell: Because I've been giving up on people my entire life and it's a nasty little habit, so you're going to sing at the club or...
- Violet Sanford: Or you'll what?
- Kevin O'Donnell: I'll never kiss you again.”
“No one will surrender tonight. But I won't give in. I know what I want.”
“We chose to die on our feet, rather than live on our knees!”