Plot – Pastor Graham Hess has lost his faith in God after his wife's death. He lives with his sons Bo and Morgan and his younger brother Merrill in a farm in Pennsylvania. Suddenly on the ground appear gigantic and disturbing circles, the so-called "crop circles", and Hess decides to investigate the mystery.
All actors – Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, Rory Culkin, Abigail Breslin, Cherry Jones, M. Night Shyamalan, Patricia Kalember, Ted Sutton, Merritt Wever, Lanny Flaherty, Marion McCorry, Michael Showalter, Kevin Pires, Clifford David, Rhonda Overby, Greg Wood, Paul L. Nolan, Ukee Washington, Babita Hariani, Adam Way, Angela Eckert, Jose L. Rodriguez, Paul Wilson, Thomas Griffin, , Chuck Pressler, Samantha Steffenshow all
“Signs” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Rev. Graham Hess: Come on, now, you're too old to be doing this. You get a glass of water, and leave it lying around instead of finishing it. Now what's wrong with this one?
- Bo Hess: It has dust in it.
- Rev. Graham Hess: And this one?
- Bo Hess: A hair.
- Rev. Graham Hess: And this one?
- Bo Hess: Morgan took a sip and it's got his amoebas...” (continue)(continue reading)
“One time, I was at this party... and I was sitting on the couch with Amanda McKinney. She was just sitting there, looking beautiful. So, I lean in to kiss her, and I realize I have gum in my mouth. So, I turn to spit it out and put it in a paper cup. I turn back, and Amanda McKinney throws up all over herself. I knew the moment it happened, it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's a monster outside my room, can I have a glass of water?”
“- Bo Hess: It tastes funny.
[Morgan Hess takes a sip]
- Morgan Hess: It does not. It's just tap water. Besides, he licks his butt every day, I don't think he'll mind.”
“- Tracey Abernathy, the Pharmacist: I swore 37 times in the last month. I said the 'f-word' a couple of times, but it was mostly 'shit's and 'bastard's. Is 'douche bag' a curse?
- Rev. Graham Hess: I suppose it would depend on its usage.
- Tracey Abernathy, the Pharmacist: How about 'John, you're a douche bag for kissing Barbara'?
- Rev. Graham...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Morgan, after you were born, the doctor gave you to your mother. When she first looked at you, you just stared right back. You both just stared at each other for longest time, and you didn't even cry.”
“- SFC Cunningham: You've got two minor league home-run records, don't ya?
- Merrill Hess: Five.
- SFC Cunningham: Why weren't you in the pros making stacks of cash and getting your toes licked by beautiful women?
- Lionel Prichard: 'Cause he has another record most people don't know about. He has the minor league strikeout record.”
“- Morgan Hess: We have to tape this.
[he gets a tape, but Bo Hess grabs it and hugs it to her]
- Bo Hess: My ballet recital!
- Morgan Hess: Listen, Bo. This is very important. Everything people have written about in science books is going to change. The history of the world's future is on the TV right now. We need to record this so you can show...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Morgan, this crop stuff is just about a bunch of nerds who never had a girlfriend their whole lives. They're like thirty now. They make up secret codes and analyze Greek mythology and make secret societies where other guys who never had girlfriends can join in. They do stupid crap like this to feel special. It's a scam. Nerds were doin' it...” (continue)(continue reading)
- SFC Cunningham: It's called "probing". It's a military procedure. You send in a reconnaissance group, very small... to check things out. Not to engage, but to evaluate the situation... evaluate the level of danger. Make sure things are all clear.
- Merrill Hess: Clear for what?
- SFC Cunningham: For the rest of them.
“There are a lot of things I can take, and some things I can't. But what I can't take is when my older brother, who's everything that I want to be, starts losing faith in things. I saw that look in your eyes last night. I don't ever want to see that look in your eyes again.”
“- Merrill Hess: Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?
- Officer Paski: I'm not done asking questions. And I don't appreciate sarcasm.”