Adrien Brody quotes
How are you to imagine anything if the images are always provided for you? Doublethink. To deliberately believe in lies, while knowing they're false. Examples of this in everyday life: "Oh, I need to be pretty to be happy. I need surgery to be pretty. I need to be thin, famous, fashionable." Our young men today are being told that women are... (continue)(continue reading)
“You'd be surprised how difficult it is relinquish a cell phone.”
“I can see the pieces. How they should fit. How I want them to fit.”
“- Wladyslaw Szpilman: You've got to give me something to do.
- Yehuda: You're an artist, Wladek. You do enough.
- Wladyslaw Szpilman: I want to help. I want to do something.
- Yehuda: You're too well known, Wladek. And you know what? You musicians don't make good conspirators. You're too... too... musical!”
“Just listen to me: we’re all the same. We all feel pain. We all have chaos in our lives. Life is very very confusing.”
“Sell this. Food is more important than time.”
“Are you digging for potatoes?”
“Actors! They travel the world, all they ever see is a mirror.”
“If I'm going to die, I prefer to die in my own home.”
“We all have problems, we all have things that we're dealing with some days we're better than others, some days we're not so great. Sometimes we have limited space for others.”
“Some of us believe that we can make a difference, and then somethimes we wake up, and then realized we failed.”
“- Louis Simo: Whatever you want to say.
- Laurie Simo: Are you going to fight everybody?
- Louis Simo: I thought you liked tough guys.”
“This planet is a game preserve. And we're the game. In case you didn't notice, we just got flushed out. They sent the dogs in, just like you if you were stalking boar or shooting quail. They split us apart and they watched. Testing us.”
“- Jack Driscoll: I always knew you were nothing like the tough guy you play on the screen. I just never figured you for a coward.
- Bruce Baxter: Hey, pal. Hey, wake up. Heroes don't look like me - not in the real world. In th real world they got bad teeth, a bald spot, and a beer gut. I'm just an actor with a gun who's lost his motivation.”
“- Edwin: We're on an alien hunting planet. You really think the solution is to walk more?
- Royce: It wants us to run. That's how it hunts. This is its jungle. Its game. Its rules. We run, we die.
- Isabelle: What's the alternative?
- Royce: We need to know what we're dealing with. Dog tracks go that way. We go after it.”
“It's great when people appreciate your work, but I don't know how seriously to take it.”
“It would be terribly boring to be earnest.”
“Nobody has magic powers. You got to be tough. You got to show them what you're made of, you know? My father never taught me that.”
“- Vinny: Don't tell nobody. It's between you and me. Its bad enough that I ball her, right, but then some sick side of me had to drive her right past the spot where we were stickin' it up her cousin's ass, you know. Oh shit, and that's where I saw the dead bodies, right there. You know what, God spared me. He spared me, man. 'Cause it's a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I love to see a woman playing the cello.”
“Unfortunately, most people lack self awareness.”