“Waterloo Bridge” quotes(1940)
Plot – In London a dancer meets a captain who is joining the army and they fall in love. They would like to get married, but they can't do it soon, so they won't marry anymore. When the officer comes back from the front, the girl isn't the one he once met and she takes a drastic decision to not deceive him.
All actors – Vivien Leigh, Robert Taylor, Lucile Watson, Virginia Field, Maria Ouspenskaya, C. Aubrey Smith, Janet Shaw, Janet Waldo, Steffi Duna, Virginia Carroll, Leda Nicova, Florence Baker, Margery Manning, Frances MacInerney, Eleanor Stewart, Lowden Adams, Harry Allen, Jimmy Aubrey, Phyllis Barry, Colin Campbell, Rita Carlyle, Leo G. Carroll, David Cavendish, David Clyde, Kathryn Collier, Tom Conway, Frank Dawson, Connie Emerald, Gilbert Emery, Herbert Evans, Maria Genardi, Douglas Gordon, Denis Green, Ethel Griffies, Bobby Hale, Winifred Harris, Halliwell Hobbes, Harold Howard, Charles Irwin, Bill James, George Kirby, Eric Lonsdale, Wilfred Lucas, Dan Maxwell, James May, Florine McKinney, Charles McNaughton, Frank Mitchell, Edmund Mortimer, Leonard Mudie, Judith Nelles, Gordon Orbell, Tempe Pigott, John Power, Elsie Prescott, Jean Prescott, Clara Reid, Fred Sassoni, Paul Scardon, John Graham Spacey, Wyndham Standing, Harry Stubbs, William Tetley, Cyril Thornton, David Thursby, Norma Varden, Pat Welsh, Martha Wentworth, Frank Whitbeck, Eric Wilton, Robert Winkler, Douglas Woodshow all
“Waterloo Bridge” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Roy Cronin: Why goodbye when it's only till morning?
- Myra: Because, every parting from you is like a little eternity.”
“- Roy Cronin: I knew I wouldn't sleep so I've been walking in the garden, confiding my good luck to the stars.
- Myra: Were they pleased?
- Roy Cronin: No, they seemed indifferent. They went on glittering, the little exhibitionists!”
“If I don't feel sorry for myself, who will?”
“Do people have to kill each other to give them a heightened sense of life?”
“I was never so sure of anything in my life. In the moment you left me after the air raid, I knew I must find you again. I've found you and I'll never let you go.”
“None of your quibbling. None of your questioning. None of your doubts. This is positive, you see. This is affirmative, you see. This is final, you see. You're going to marry me, you see!”
“You should let the future catch up with you more slowly.”
“I loved you, I've never loved anyone else. I never shall, that's the truth Roy, I never shall.”
“You are very conceited, Captain. You are quite mad, Captain! You are reckless and head-strong and... and I adore you, Captain.”
“I have a feeling that from now on, everything's going to take a turn for the better.”
“- Myra: Do you think you'll remember me now?
- Roy Cronin: I think so, for the rest of my life.”
“- Kitty: She's very unhappy, Madame. Her fiancé was called to the front.
- Madame Olga Kirowa: I'm not interested in troop movements.
- Kitty: She was to be married in the morning.
- Madame Olga Kirowa: Nor in social events.”
“- Kitty: The whole world doesn't begin and end with a ballet.
- Madame Olga Kirowa: My world does! And while you are with me, so must yours!”
“Either you're excited about life or you're not. You know, I've never been able to wait for the future.”
“- Roy Cronin: Must be good for the muscles. I should think a dancer's muscles would be like a strongman.
- Myra: Not quite. That's a bit dreadful. We try to combine slenderness with strength. I've been dancing since I was twelve and I don't think the muscles are over developed.”
“- Myra: This hateful war.
- Roy Cronin: I suppose it is. And yet there's - I don't know - a certain amount of excitement about it too. Round the corner of every second, the fascination of the unknown. We're both facing it, this instance.”
“Wish I could have seen the ballet. I'm sure it would have been a pleasant memory in the trenches.”