Vivien Leigh quotes
“- Roy Cronin: Why goodbye when it's only till morning?
- Myra: Because, every parting from you is like a little eternity.”
“- Roy Cronin: I knew I wouldn't sleep so I've been walking in the garden, confiding my good luck to the stars.
- Myra: Were they pleased?
- Roy Cronin: No, they seemed indifferent. They went on glittering, the little exhibitionists!”
“My life is over. Nothing will ever happen to me anymore.”
“- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: Did you ever think of marrying just for fun?
- Scarlett - Their Daughter: Marriage, fun? Fiddle-dee-dee. Fun for men you mean.”
“Do people have to kill each other to give them a heightened sense of life?”
“You should let the future catch up with you more slowly.”
“I loved you, I've never loved anyone else. I never shall, that's the truth Roy, I never shall.”
“- Scarlett - Their Daughter: Rhett, Rhett... Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?
- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.”
“Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all... tomorrow is another day!”
“They told us of your victories but not of the price you paid!”
“You are very conceited, Captain. You are quite mad, Captain! You are reckless and head-strong and... and I adore you, Captain.”
“I have a feeling that from now on, everything's going to take a turn for the better.”
“- Myra: Do you think you'll remember me now?
- Roy Cronin: I think so, for the rest of my life.”
“- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: I'm not kind, I'm just tempting you.
- Scarlett - Their Daughter: Well, if you think I'll marry you just to pay for the bonnet I won't.
- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: Don't flatter yourself. I'm not a marrying man.”
“- Cathleen Calvert: That's Rhett Butler. He's from Charleston. He has the most terrible reputation.
- Scarlett - Their Daughter: He looks as if... as if he knows what I look like without my shimmy.”
“- Roy Cronin: Must be good for the muscles. I should think a dancer's muscles would be like a strongman.
- Myra: Not quite. That's a bit dreadful. We try to combine slenderness with strength. I've been dancing since I was twelve and I don't think the muscles are over developed.”
“- Myra: This hateful war.
- Roy Cronin: I suppose it is. And yet there's - I don't know - a certain amount of excitement about it too. Round the corner of every second, the fascination of the unknown. We're both facing it, this instance.”
“I can shoot straight, if I don't have to shoot too far.”
“I was young. I healed quickly. I learned French and Italian, music and dancing. And one day, I had more than I ever dreamed of. I became his wife... Emma, Lady Hamilton.”