Vivien Leigh quotes
“Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all... tomorrow is another day!”
“- Roy Cronin: Why goodbye when it's only till morning?
- Myra: Because, every parting from you is like a little eternity.”
“- Roy Cronin: I knew I wouldn't sleep so I've been walking in the garden, confiding my good luck to the stars.
- Myra: Were they pleased?
- Roy Cronin: No, they seemed indifferent. They went on glittering, the little exhibitionists!”
“My life is over. Nothing will ever happen to me anymore.”
“- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: Did you ever think of marrying just for fun?
- Scarlett - Their Daughter: Marriage, fun? Fiddle-dee-dee. Fun for men you mean.”
“Do people have to kill each other to give them a heightened sense of life?”
“You should let the future catch up with you more slowly.”
“I loved you, I've never loved anyone else. I never shall, that's the truth Roy, I never shall.”
“- Scarlett - Their Daughter: Rhett, Rhett... Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?
- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.”
“They told us of your victories but not of the price you paid!”
“You are very conceited, Captain. You are quite mad, Captain! You are reckless and head-strong and... and I adore you, Captain.”
“I have a feeling that from now on, everything's going to take a turn for the better.”
“- Myra: Do you think you'll remember me now?
- Roy Cronin: I think so, for the rest of my life.”
“- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: I'm not kind, I'm just tempting you.
- Scarlett - Their Daughter: Well, if you think I'll marry you just to pay for the bonnet I won't.
- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: Don't flatter yourself. I'm not a marrying man.”
“- Cathleen Calvert: That's Rhett Butler. He's from Charleston. He has the most terrible reputation.
- Scarlett - Their Daughter: He looks as if... as if he knows what I look like without my shimmy.”
“- Roy Cronin: Must be good for the muscles. I should think a dancer's muscles would be like a strongman.
- Myra: Not quite. That's a bit dreadful. We try to combine slenderness with strength. I've been dancing since I was twelve and I don't think the muscles are over developed.”
“- Myra: This hateful war.
- Roy Cronin: I suppose it is. And yet there's - I don't know - a certain amount of excitement about it too. Round the corner of every second, the fascination of the unknown. We're both facing it, this instance.”
“I can shoot straight, if I don't have to shoot too far.”
“I was young. I healed quickly. I learned French and Italian, music and dancing. And one day, I had more than I ever dreamed of. I became his wife... Emma, Lady Hamilton.”