Lana Turner quotes
“A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.”
“It's like a gypsy curse, it's terrible. The more famous an actress becomes, the less she's allowed to eat. Unless she wants to play people's mothers. And in bad clothes, yet.”
“Where wolves live, the forest is healthy.”
“I find men terribly exciting, and any girl who says she doesn't is an anemic old maid, a streetwalker, or a saint.”
“I would rather lose a good earring than be caught without make-up.”
“I'm going up and up and up - and nobody's going to pull me down!”
“- Steve: Your bones...
- Lora Meredith: What about my bones?
- Steve: They're perfect. My camera could easily have a love affair with you.”
“- Lora Meredith: It never occurred to me that you had many friends. You never have any visit you.
- Annie: I know lots of people. Oh, hundreds.
- Lora Meredith: Really?
- Annie: I belong to the Baptist church. And I belong to several lodges too.
- Lora Meredith: I didn't know.
- Annie: Miss Lora, you never asked.”
“- Lora Meredith: Now, just a moment, young lady! It's only because of my ambition that you've had the best of everything. And that's a solid achievement that any mother can be proud of!
- Susie, age 16: And how about a mother's love?
- Lora Meredith: Love? But you've always had that!
- Susie, age 16: Yes, by telephone, by postcard, by magazine...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Georgia: Jonathan, will you marry me?
- Jonathan: Not even a little bit.”
“- 'Gaucho': To give truth to a performance, there's nothing like love.
- Georgia: Love is for the very young.
- Lila: Love is for the birds!”
“All men are alike. The approach is different; the result is always the same.”
“I planned on having one husband and seven children, but it turned out the other way around.”
“The thing about happiness is that it doesn't help you to grow; only unhappiness does that. ”
“A gentleman is simply a patient wolf.”
- Elizabeth Cotton: Candy, do you kiss with your eyes opened or closed?
- "Candy" Johnson: Opened, honey. I don't want to miss anything.
“- Rigby Reardon: I'm working on an important case. It's dangerous, and you'll probably be killed. But if you love me, you'll do it.
- Jimmi-Sue Altfeld: Yes, I do love you.
- Rigby Reardon: And I love you. And I mean that more than anything I've ever said in my life.”