Vanity quotes72 vanity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We're all blessed with a lot of timidity and a lot of worry and anxiety, and vanity is a good antidote. ”
“Every actress has to face the facts there are younger, more beautiful girls right behind you. Once you've gone beyond the vanity of the business, you'll take on the tough roles.”
“Here's the thing: I'm never wrong.”
“- Christina Bailey: You have only one real lasting love.
- Mike Hammer: Now who could that be?
- Christina Bailey: You. You're one of those self-indulgent males who thinks about nothing but his clothes, his car, himself. Bet you do push-ups every morning just to keep your belly hard.”
“You know the story, but people can't get enough of them, like little children. Because, well, they connect the stories to themselves, I suppose, and we all love hearing about ourselves, so long as the people in the stories are us, but not us. Not us in the end, especially.”
“- Pope Benedict: This is your ego talking. You think you know better.
- Pope Francis: I'm Argentinian. How does an Argentinian kill himself? He climbs to the top of his ego, and jumps off.”
“There's something about the sound of my own voice that fascinates me.”
“They never want to improve. They think themselves perfect. Their vanity is greater than their misery.”
“We were the leopards, the lions, those who take our place will be jackals and sheep, and the whole lot of us - leopards, lions, jackals and sheep - will continue to think ourselves the salt of the earth.”
“- Tony Stark: What's the vibranium for?
- Ultron: [Sarcastic] I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan...”
“He’s an actor in love with the sound of his own voice.”
“My bottom will be king of England before you are.”
“Take the next one. There isn't enough space for me and your ego.”
“I like to be introduced as America's foremost actor. It saves the necessity of further effort.
“No one, nothing is smarter than the Krang!”
“A lot of my best parts I've been the second choice for, so you never get too egotistical about anything.”
“I'm the best at drawing, and jumping, and growing, and nearly everything!”
“- Stacy: So, what's up with Tony? You guys still skate with him?
- Jay: He's competing with the sun for the center of the universe.”
“I am loved and respected by all who know me - slightly.”
“You lost because of your ego, and that same ego can't take it! That's what this is all about. All you're going to do now is lose more.”
“Don't interrupt me while I'm soliloquizing.”
“- Cole Trickle: There's nothing I can't do with a race car.
- Harry Hogge: Well, that's the difference between you and me. There's only so much I can do.”
“- Jimmy: You ready?
- Paul: I'm ready. Let's go be great!
- Jimmy Monroe: Do you ever listen to yourself sometimes?”