M. Emmet Walsh quotes
“The world is full of complainers. And the fact is, nothing comes with a guarantee.”
“- Private Detective Loren Visser: I know a place you can get that framed.
- Julian Marty: What did you take these for?
- Private Detective Loren Visser: What do you mean? Just doing my job.
- Julian Marty: You called me, I knew they were there, so what do I need these for?
- Private Detective Loren Visser: Well, I don't know... call it a fringe...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I imagine there are things I wouldn't do, but I haven't been offered those recently either.”
“This town's a zoo!”
“- Daryl Poynter: What is it with you guys and food?
- Richard Dirks: Addicts are compulsive.”
“I'm not in the construction business for my health.”
“Give me a call whenever you want to cut off my head. I can always crawl around without it.”
“- Jack Tucker: Do we run or fight?
- Col. James Braddock: We don't have a choice now.”
“- Fred Miller: Who the hell was that?
- Xavier Quinn: Ubu Pearl, the local witch.
- Fred Miller: I'm gettin' to like this place more and more.”
“- Mack: You know I worked all night on the damn thing. Now Hazel cried when I tried it on him. You see, I got this aunt is Salinas. She lost both husbands in the flood...
- Doc: I didn't know you had an aunt is Salinas, Mack.
- Mack: I don't have an aunt in Salinas, for for christ's sake. That's the goddamned story.”
“- Rick Deckard: I don't work here anymore. Give it to Holden. He's good.
- Bryant: I did. He can breathe okay, as long as nobody unplugs him.”
“- Ubu Pearl: I give you a thing... make your heart forget to beat! Your blood boil in your veins! You die... you die!
- Fred Miller: What happens if you die first?”
“- Walt Scheel: Does this mean we have start being nice to each other?
- Luther Krank: Of course not.
- Walt Scheel: Good, cause I still don't like you that much.”
“You could learn from this guy, Gaff. He's a goddamned one-man slaughterhouse, that's what he is. Four more to go!”
“- Robert Caulfield: Why does he have to fly so low?
- Sergeant Dominick Benti: We're not low. The ground's high.”
“- Charlie McFadden: I hope you're not taking over our operation.
- Harv: Help... put me down...”
“I'm an attorney, the justice of the peace and a bush pilot. A classic triple threat.”