Culture quotes80 culture quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Henry: I just wanted to ask how you knew.
- William Shakespeare: Knew what?
- Henry: Everything.
- William Shakespeare: My friend, I don't even know how to keep the slugs out of the Hollyhocks.”
“I didn't study much, but I think I could do great things. However, I'm no good at little things.”
“Media truly has the power to create and shift culture.”
“The cultural environment in which one lives ought to be as important as the air he breathes, the food he eats.”
“A cultural boneyard.”
“It is a culture's duty to take care of it's elderly.”
“The American culture is a disaster.”
“It's shite being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization.”
“We just finished poisoning the Earth and everyone was dead in a hundred years. Then what was the point of anything? Art, beauty (all gone), the Greeks, the Constitution, people dying for freedom, ideas. None of it meant anything? What about religion? Do we give up on God too?”
“- Timms: I don't always understand poetry!
- Hector: You don't always understand it? Timms, I never understand it. But learn it now, know it now and you will understand it... whenever.”
“Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese.”
“- Maria Portokalos: It's a cake! I know! Thank you! Thank you very, very much.
- Maria Portokalos: [whispering to Aunt Freida] There's a hole in this cake!”
“A man who betrays his culture shouldn't preach about its customs. There was a time I would have wished you dead but your shame will be your torture and your torture will be your life. I wish it to be long.”
“I was brought up in the hills, where charity is a sign of weakness.”
“- Ellen Griswold: Clark, let's just skip the house of mud. I think Dodge City was enough fun for one day. Besides, Catherine and Eddie are expecting us.
- Clark Griswold: It's living history Ellen. But if you'd rather see your cousins. Personally I'd rather see a pile of mud than Eddie.”
“I have always had a great curiosity for different cultures and am always open to new experiences, so I always listen to any proposals from any country and for any budget.”
“We were once a great people. Now we live in ruins. The kings of our past would weep if they could see how far we have fallen.”