Burt Reynolds quotes
“I'm just waiting for somebody to say I'm a fag - that's when you're a really big star.”
“- Gillian Bromley: That was the worst Peter Sellers I have ever heard.
- Jack Rhodes: I wasn't doing Peter Sellers - I was doing Peter Sellers doing Omar Sharif!”
“- Bandit: You chasin' somebody Sheriff? Somebody chasin' you?
- Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: Nobody's chasin' me, boy!”
“I got myself a pretty good bullshit detector, and I can tell when somebody's peeing on my boots and telling me it's a rainstorm.”
“When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.”
“- 'Bandit': Who did it?
- Cledus Snow: Don't look at me.
- Doc: Probably another elephant.
- 'Bandit': I know that, when did it happen?
- Doc: Long time ago.”
“- Wendell Sonny Lawson: Mom, I've been having trouble getting sleep lately. Do you have any sleeping pills?
- Maureen Lawson: Sleeping pills? I don't think we have any sleeping pills do we, Ben?
- Ben Lawson: Your know darn well we have enough sleeping pills in there to put the whole Mormon Tabernacle Choir in a coma!”
“Bless me, Dave, for I have sinned.”
“- Dominoe: This is all you know, isn't it? Pushing, hitting, and punching! Does it make you feel good or something?
- Sharky: Sometimes, yes!”
“These are some of the poorest people I know. They're more broke than the Ten Commandments.”
“- Itchy Itchiford: Boss, Carface has got thugs, and they've got muscles, and knives, and he's got a monster.
- Charlie B. Barkin: Monster?
- Itchy Itchiford: Boss, they feed it!
- Charlie B. Barkin: Monster?
- Itchy Itchiford: Yes that's what I said, monster!”
“- Pembrook Feeney: He just made me mad, that's all, so I kicked him in the scrotum.
- Stroker Ace: Scrotum?
- Lugs Harvey: What's a scrotum?
- Stroker Ace: I dunno.
- Lugs Harvey: I think I'll find out.”
“- Buford T. Justice: As you can see, Bandit, I've got my piece in my hand.
- 'Bandit': You've got your what in your hand?”
“- Katie: Haven't you ever heard of cholesterol?
- Stick: Yeah, it's the stuff they put in red meat that makes it taste good.”
“- Jo Barlow: Mr. Malone, can I ask you a question? Are you a criminal?
- Malone: I'm sure you could find some people who think so.”
“- Billy Clyde Puckett: Shake, old buddy, you know what I'm choosing to do?
- Marvin 'Shake' Tiller: What?
- Billy Clyde Puckett: I am choosing to win this fucking game.”
“- Carrie: You have a great profile.
- Bandit: Yeah, I do, don't I? Especially from the side.
- Carrie: Well, at least we agree on something.
- Bandit: Yeah. We both like half of my face.”
“- Carrie: That is it for you! You have had it! You're hooked! You're a fame junkie! They should give you intravenous feedings of People magazine and National Enquirer headlines! And if you're a real good boy, they'll give you a Tonight Show enema!
- 'Bandit': What is the matter?
- Carrie: And if you weren't so dumb, they'd put you on Cross-Wits!”
“I'm gonna find the guy who invented Xylocaine and kiss his ass on Hollywood and Vine!”
“- Congressman David Dilbeck: You don't know how much I love you. I even sent my man Erb to collect your lint!
- Erin Grant: My lint?
- Congressman David Dilbeck: Fresh, hot lint!
- Erin Grant: And what did you do with that fresh, hot lint?
- Congressman David Dilbeck: Well, I'm afraid I made love to it.”