Burt Reynolds quotes
“I'm just waiting for somebody to say I'm a fag - that's when you're a really big star.”
“- Gillian Bromley: That was the worst Peter Sellers I have ever heard.
- Jack Rhodes: I wasn't doing Peter Sellers - I was doing Peter Sellers doing Omar Sharif!”
“Oh I love your suits. It must have been a bitch to get a 68 Extra Fat and a 12 Dwarf.”
“You can lose your money. You can spend all of it, and if you work hard, you get it all back. But if you waste your time, you're never gonna get it back.”
“- Bandit: You chasin' somebody Sheriff? Somebody chasin' you?
- Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: Nobody's chasin' me, boy!”
“I got myself a pretty good bullshit detector, and I can tell when somebody's peeing on my boots and telling me it's a rainstorm.”
“When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.”
“- 'Bandit': Who did it?
- Cledus Snow: Don't look at me.
- Doc: Probably another elephant.
- 'Bandit': I know that, when did it happen?
- Doc: Long time ago.”
“- Wendell Sonny Lawson: Mom, I've been having trouble getting sleep lately. Do you have any sleeping pills?
- Maureen Lawson: Sleeping pills? I don't think we have any sleeping pills do we, Ben?
- Ben Lawson: Your know darn well we have enough sleeping pills in there to put the whole Mormon Tabernacle Choir in a coma!”
“Bless me, Dave, for I have sinned.”
“- Dominoe: This is all you know, isn't it? Pushing, hitting, and punching! Does it make you feel good or something?
- Sharky: Sometimes, yes!”
“These are some of the poorest people I know. They're more broke than the Ten Commandments.”
“- Itchy Itchiford: Boss, Carface has got thugs, and they've got muscles, and knives, and he's got a monster.
- Charlie B. Barkin: Monster?
- Itchy Itchiford: Boss, they feed it!
- Charlie B. Barkin: Monster?
- Itchy Itchiford: Yes that's what I said, monster!”
“- Pembrook Feeney: He just made me mad, that's all, so I kicked him in the scrotum.
- Stroker Ace: Scrotum?
- Lugs Harvey: What's a scrotum?
- Stroker Ace: I dunno.
- Lugs Harvey: I think I'll find out.”
“- Buford T. Justice: As you can see, Bandit, I've got my piece in my hand.
- 'Bandit': You've got your what in your hand?”
“- Katie: Haven't you ever heard of cholesterol?
- Stick: Yeah, it's the stuff they put in red meat that makes it taste good.”
“- Jo Barlow: Mr. Malone, can I ask you a question? Are you a criminal?
- Malone: I'm sure you could find some people who think so.”
“- Billy Clyde Puckett: Shake, old buddy, you know what I'm choosing to do?
- Marvin 'Shake' Tiller: What?
- Billy Clyde Puckett: I am choosing to win this fucking game.”
“- Carrie: You have a great profile.
- Bandit: Yeah, I do, don't I? Especially from the side.
- Carrie: Well, at least we agree on something.
- Bandit: Yeah. We both like half of my face.”
“- Carrie: That is it for you! You have had it! You're hooked! You're a fame junkie! They should give you intravenous feedings of People magazine and National Enquirer headlines! And if you're a real good boy, they'll give you a Tonight Show enema!
- 'Bandit': What is the matter?
- Carrie: And if you weren't so dumb, they'd put you on Cross-Wits!”
“I'm gonna find the guy who invented Xylocaine and kiss his ass on Hollywood and Vine!”