Claire Danes quotes
“And when I shall die, take him and cut him up in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will fall in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”
“- Kate Brewster: So what's his story?
- John Connor: He's a robot from the future. Living tissue over a metal skeleton.”
“- Tristan: Don't you ever sleep?
- Yvaine: Not at night. May have escaped your notice, genius, but that's when the stars have rather better things to do. They're coming out, shining, that sort of thing.”
“If my brain wasn't on drugs right now, I could possibly kill someone.”
“You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable.”
“- San: Ashitaka, you mean so much to me, but I can't forgive the humans for what they've done.
- Ashitaka: I understand. You'll live in the forest, and I'll help rebuild Irontown.”
“What do you know of love, sir? Or loyalty? Or adoration suffered in deepest silence? The only love you know, sir, is what you act on stage.”
“You know what I think when I'm this close to another body? I think one day at one moment... this body that I'm holding in my arms will stop breathing... stop living. Just... stop. One day you'll happen upon my name in the obits and you'll remember this moment when we were so close.”
“People with bipolar disorder have difficulty with boundaries.”
“Growing up, I wanted desperately to please, to be a good girl.”
“I'm not afraid to die. I'd do anything to get you humans out of my forest!”
“- Igby: It's incredible that a human being can make such neat, little joints.
- Sookie: You make it sound as if I'm anal or something, just because I know how to roll a perfect joint.”
“Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... it feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me anymore. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved...” (continue)(continue reading)
“No star can shine with a broken heart.”
“I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing.”
“- San: Moro, please ask the Forest Spirit to save you!
- Moro: I have lived long enough, San. Soon, the Great Forest Spirit will let me rest forever.”