Kate Winslet quotes
“Hate's no fun if you keep it to yourself.”
“- Elinor Dashwood: Poor Willoughby. He will always regret you.
- Marianne: But does it follow that, had he chosen me, he would have been content? He would have had a wife he loved, but no money, and might soon have learned to rank the demands of his pocketbook far above the demands of his heart. If his present regrets are half as painful as mine...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You showed us we can change things by simply believing them to be different.”
“Jo knew I that I could feel love, and sadness. But others thought it was OK to just throw a horse’s life away like it meant nothing. And that broke my heart.”
“Jo and I galloped like nothing in the world could catch us. We were two being, and yet, for just a moment, we were one.”
“I was a mustang. Strong and proud and wild. And I would defend myself until my final breath. Jo would have wanted it. My mother would have too.”
“I decided humans must be very lazy. They always wanted to be carried around by something.”
“After that day I realized that maybe there was one person who could understand me. And the amazing thing was, I understood her too.”
“- Mickey: Nothing you could tell me could put the slightest shadow on this evening.
- Ginny: I'm not 35. I'm 38. I'm 39.
- Mickey: Well, that's a very hot age for a woman. I'm a very lucky guy.”
“Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone?”
“Dark times call for extreme measures.”
Shakespeare said "Journeys end in lovers meeting." What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had.
“When it comes to love we all turn out to be our own worst enemy.”
“This harmony we achieved is now under attack from a small but extremely dangerous group of individuals. We call them Divergents. They are, in essence, the worst of what humanity used to be. Rebellious, defiant, and uncontrollable.”
“I've found almost everything ever written about love to be true.”
“- Steve Jobs: Hey, Steve Wozniak is sitting out there. Give yourselves a treat and ask if he happens to have the correct time.
- Joanna Hoffman: I have the correct time, and we're running out of it.”
“- Jeanine: It's been over 200 years. Who knows what's out there?
- Evelyn: You'll never find out.”
“When you’re married to a man who got rich putting people’s feet in cement you probably never had to do a dish!”
- Marianne: At least she can escape Fanny, which is more than any of us is able.
- Elinor Dashwood: You do your best. You've not said a word to her for a week.
- Marianne: I have. I've said "yes" and "no".