Art quotes160 art quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Historically, art and music and writing and film have been one of the only tools that is effective against tyranny.”
“Reality may be very interesting, but a work of art must be a creation.”
“Is photography an art? There is no point in trying to find out if it is an art. Art is old-fashioned. We need something else.”
“I have been accused of being a joker. But the most successful art to me involves humor.”
“Nature does not create works of art. It is we, and the faculty of interpretation peculiar to the human mind, that see art.”
“- Kitty March: You know those art galleries on Fifth Avenue? The prices they charge! I saw one little picture that cost fifty-thousand dollars. They call it, uh, 'Seezan'.
- Christopher Cross: Cezanne? Oh, he was a great French painter. I'd like to own that painting.
- Kitty March: You would? For fifty-thousand dollars?
- Christopher Cross: You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Before you know it, the Renaissance will be here and we'll all be painting.”
“Sometimes they say I'm mad, but a grain of madness is the best of art.”
“- Prof. Henry Jarrod: My creations have some merit, I suspect. But in bringing back to life the lovely Marie Antoinette I have done my best work.
- Sidney Wallace: Ohhhh, I've never seen anything so exquisite.
- Prof. Henry Jarrod: People say that they can see my Marie Antoinette breathe; that her breast rises and falls. Look at her eyes, they...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I am inspired by many mediums and use them to express varied aspects of my philosophies and life observations.”
“I'm all about supporting anyone whose art is also the way they make their living.”
“The army may not care about art, but they sure as shit care about gold.”
“It's the aesthetic appreciation of violence that summons him.”
“My knowledge of art is limited to Kirk Douglas as Vincent VanGogh.”
“Art isn't art until someone says it is.”