Art quotes170 art quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Art is the familiar through new eyes.”
“Historically, art and music and writing and film have been one of the only tools that is effective against tyranny.”
“Reality may be very interesting, but a work of art must be a creation.”
“Is photography an art? There is no point in trying to find out if it is an art. Art is old-fashioned. We need something else.”
“I have been accused of being a joker. But the most successful art to me involves humor.”
“Nature does not create works of art. It is we, and the faculty of interpretation peculiar to the human mind, that see art.”
“Anything that exists on the human palette is, from my point of view, fair game for artists to portray.”
“For me, art cures.”
- Connie Baker: "Now everyone can be Van Gogh. It's so easy. Just follow the simple instructions and in minutes, you're on your way to being an artist".
- Katherine Ann Watson: Ironic, isn't it? Look at what we have done to the man who refused to conform his ideals to popular taste. Who refused to compromise his integrity. We have put him in a... (continue)(continue reading)
“How would you compare Polanski or Kubrick? I try not to do any comparisons.”
“What's the point of art if nobody sees it?”
“All art is dangerous, Morf.”
“I think all art - if it's good - is a result of really trying to create something that you can't put into words. Where language ends is where good art begins.”
“- Kitty March: You know those art galleries on Fifth Avenue? The prices they charge! I saw one little picture that cost fifty-thousand dollars. They call it, uh, 'Seezan'.
- Christopher Cross: Cezanne? Oh, he was a great French painter. I'd like to own that painting.
- Kitty March: You would? For fifty-thousand dollars?
- Christopher Cross: You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Before you know it, the Renaissance will be here and we'll all be painting.”
“Sometimes they say I'm mad, but a grain of madness is the best of art.”
“- Prof. Henry Jarrod: My creations have some merit, I suspect. But in bringing back to life the lovely Marie Antoinette I have done my best work.
- Sidney Wallace: Ohhhh, I've never seen anything so exquisite.
- Prof. Henry Jarrod: People say that they can see my Marie Antoinette breathe; that her breast rises and falls. Look at her eyes, they...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I am inspired by many mediums and use them to express varied aspects of my philosophies and life observations.”