Art quotes175 art quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Art is the familiar through new eyes.”
“Historically, art and music and writing and film have been one of the only tools that is effective against tyranny.”
“Reality may be very interesting, but a work of art must be a creation.”
“Is photography an art? There is no point in trying to find out if it is an art. Art is old-fashioned. We need something else.”
“I have been accused of being a joker. But the most successful art to me involves humor.”
“Nature does not create works of art. It is we, and the faculty of interpretation peculiar to the human mind, that see art.”
“Anything that exists on the human palette is, from my point of view, fair game for artists to portray.”
“For me, art cures.”
- Connie Baker: "Now everyone can be Van Gogh. It's so easy. Just follow the simple instructions and in minutes, you're on your way to being an artist".
- Katherine Ann Watson: Ironic, isn't it? Look at what we have done to the man who refused to conform his ideals to popular taste. Who refused to compromise his integrity. We have put him in a... (continue)(continue reading)
“How would you compare Polanski or Kubrick? I try not to do any comparisons.”
“I’ve always felt a little different than everyone else, so I did what any outsider would do. Made weird art.”
“I want to touch people with my art. I want them to say 'he feels deeply, he feels tenderly'.”
“What am I in the eyes of most people - a nonentity, an eccentric, or an unpleasant person - somebody who has no position in society and will never have; in short, the lowest of the low. All right, then - even if that were absolutely true, then I should one day like to show by my work what such an eccentric, such a nobody, has in his heart.”
“Art doesn't feed me or fill the void when I am not working. If I haven't worked for six months, I can't paint.”
“Someone once accused me of trying to turn the sitcom into an art form, and I really believe that's what I was trying to do.”
“What's the point of art if nobody sees it?”
“All art is dangerous, Morf.”
“I think all art - if it's good - is a result of really trying to create something that you can't put into words. Where language ends is where good art begins.”
“- Kitty March: You know those art galleries on Fifth Avenue? The prices they charge! I saw one little picture that cost fifty-thousand dollars. They call it, uh, 'Seezan'.
- Christopher Cross: Cezanne? Oh, he was a great French painter. I'd like to own that painting.
- Kitty March: You would? For fifty-thousand dollars?
- Christopher Cross: You...” (continue)(continue reading)