Juliette Lewis quotes
“Success is a nice by-product but what I really want is work.”
“Stop laughing at me!”
“- Danielle Bowden: Well, um, why do you hate my father?
- Max Cady: I don't hate him at all. Oh no, I pray for him. I'm here to help him. I mean, we all make mistakes, Danielle. You and I have. At least we try to admit it. Don't we?... But your daddy, he doesn't. Every man carries a circle of hell around his head like a halo. Your daddy too....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jem: Is that us?
- Erica Raymond: No, it's Photoshop.”
“- Becky: Tell me what you want, as fast as it comes to you.
- Gilbert: Uhh...
- Becky: Okay?
- Gilbert: 'Kay.
- Becky: Okay. What do you want?
- Becky: Faster!
- Gilbert: Okay. I want a new thing. House. I want a new house. And a family.
- Gilbert: I want Momma to take aerobics classes. I want Ellen to grow up. I want a new brain for Arnie. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Becky: I love the sky. It's so limitless.
- Gilbert: It is big. It's very big.
- Becky: Big doesn't even sum it up, right? That word big is so small.”
“- Momma: Hello.
- Becky: Hi.
- Momma: I haven't always been like this.
- Becky: Well, I haven't always been like this, either.”
“- Elizabeth: When you think you are in love your eyes are closed to all logic and reason. It's not the time to make a big decision.
- Carla: No but my eyes are not closed mother...
- Elizabeth: Shh dear Carla we can have this discussion without you getting upset in front of everybody, Carla...
- Carla: [shouting] My eyes are not closed mother!”
“- Rain: Isn't it beneath you as a mature thinker, I mean, to allow your lead character to waste so much of this emotional energy obsessing over this psychotic relationship with a woman that you fantasize as powerfully sexual and inspired when, in fact, she was pitifully sick?
- Gabe: Look, let's stop this right now because I don't need a lecture...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Because I'm not perfect looking, I get to play better roles.”
“- Jewel Ramsey: I didn't expect to see you. It's been a long time.
- Dorie Kay: Well, I came for your birthday, Mama.
- Jewel Ramsey: My birthday was yesterday.”
“We'll be living in all the oceans now.”
- Rain: I spent five days searching for the perfect word to describe the husband and that's when I came up with "apucious".
- Gabe: Apucious. I looked it up in the dictionary but I couldn't find it.
- Rain: Yeah, I know. I made it up.
- Gabe: Oh, really.
- Rain: Yeah. I thought it described him perfectly.
“- Sheryl O'Connor: I knew it from the moment we met we'd be together forever.
- Alice Bloom: Well... who told you?
- Sheryl O'Connor: Nobody tells you. You just feel it. It's like being on fire. Your whole body is glowing, like you're burning up. And your heart beats so fast, it feels like it's gonna burst.
- Alice Bloom: I knew it! I wish I'd...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You have a divine animal right to protect your own life and the life of your offspring.”
“- Daniel: Carla? Do you get paid in marshmellows?
- Carla: No, why?
- Daniel: 'Ca-ca-ca-cause I get paid in marshmellows. I like marshmellows.”
“- Kate Fuller: Where are you taking us?
- Richard Gecko: Mexico.
- Kate Fuller: What's in Mexico?
- Richard Gecko: Mexicans.”
“- Daniel McMann: A-Another reason I got mad is 'cause I didn't want you to think I was dumb.
- Carla Tate: I could never think that.”
“- Corrina Ramsey Parker: Ma's dead. She went to Heaven.
- Dorie Kay: That's right, Ma's dead. But you're not. And Lonnie's not. And I'm not. And neither is Tiger. What kind of mother lies in bed when she has a child to tend to?”
“If you hold on to the past, you die a little each day.”