Ryan Gosling quotes
“The devil makes more sense than God does. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff. Maybe God is there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You have to believe that life is more than the sum of its parts. What if you can't put the pieces together in the first place?”
“It's conflict and it's compromise, and it's just... it's new every time. It's brand new every night. It's very, very exciting!”
“I just feel that people, when they say that they, you know, hate jazz... they just... they don't have context, they don't know where it comes from. You know? Jazz was born in a little flophouse in New Orleans, and it just, because people were crammed in there, they spoke five different languages, they couldn't talk to each other. The only way...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're a barista? I can see how you can look down on me from all the way up there.”
“I'm letting life hit me until it gets tired. Then I'll hit back. It's a classic rope-a-dope.”
“They worship everything and they value nothing.”
“- Deke Slayton: Why do you think space flight is important?
- Neil Armstrong: I had a few opportunities in the X-15 to observe the atmosphere. It was so thin, such a small part of the Earth that you could barely see it at all. And when you're down here in the crowd and you look up, it looks pretty big and you don't think about it too much. But...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know who else was just following orders? Adolf Hitler.”
“He's my son and I should be around him. I wasn't around my dad and look at the fuckin' way I turned out.”
“- Jackson Healy: Didn't I tell you to go up to the roof? What are you doing down here? Did you fall?
- Holland March: I think I'm invincible! I don't think I can die!”
“I think there are two ways you can see the world. You either see the sadness that's behind everything or you choose to keep it all out.”
“So you're telling me you made a porno where the plot is the point?”
“The whole town's underwater. You're grabbing a bucket when you should be grabbing a bathing suit.”
“- Jackson Healy: You were in the pool?
- Holland March: Yeah
- Jackson Healy: Why?
- Holland March: I had to question the mermaids. What were you doing while I was working?”
“- Tally: Weapons on the floor!
- Holland March: This is not you. You're not a murderer!
- Jackson Healy: She just killed three people.
- Holland March: I know, but I'm saying, deep down.”