Ryan Gosling quotes
“The devil makes more sense than God does. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff. Maybe God is there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You have to believe that life is more than the sum of its parts. What if you can't put the pieces together in the first place?”
“- Deke Slayton: Why do you think space flight is important?
- Neil Armstrong: I had a few opportunities in the X-15 to observe the atmosphere. It was so thin, such a small part of the Earth that you could barely see it at all. And when you're down here in the crowd and you look up, it looks pretty big and you don't think about it too much. But...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know who else was just following orders? Adolf Hitler.”
“He's my son and I should be around him. I wasn't around my dad and look at the fuckin' way I turned out.”
“- Jackson Healy: Didn't I tell you to go up to the roof? What are you doing down here? Did you fall?
- Holland March: I think I'm invincible! I don't think I can die!”
“I think there are two ways you can see the world. You either see the sadness that's behind everything or you choose to keep it all out.”
“So you're telling me you made a porno where the plot is the point?”
“The whole town's underwater. You're grabbing a bucket when you should be grabbing a bathing suit.”
“- Jackson Healy: You were in the pool?
- Holland March: Yeah
- Jackson Healy: Why?
- Holland March: I had to question the mermaids. What were you doing while I was working?”
“- Tally: Weapons on the floor!
- Holland March: This is not you. You're not a murderer!
- Jackson Healy: She just killed three people.
- Holland March: I know, but I'm saying, deep down.”
“- Holland March: What are you doing?
- Holly: I was giving you a rimjob.
- Holland March: [horrified] Rimshot!... Rimshot.”
“You know what the funny thing about earthquakes is? After an earthquake you see people pulling other people out of broken down buildings and people hugging and junk because they saw a little girl's shoe in the middle of the road and no little girl around. Then a couple days later they forget all about it.”
“- Holland March: What the hell's going on?
- Jackson Healy: Oh, you know, there's a guy coming to kill us, that kind of crap.”
“- Holland March: Look on the bright side. Nobody got hurt.
- Jackson Healy: People got hurt.
- Holland March: I'm saying, I think they died quickly. So I don't think they got hurt.”
“Can I talk to you? I won't keep you long. I have to go somewhere and I don't think I can come back. But I just wanted you to know that getting to be around you and Benicio was the best thing that ever happened to me.”