Tyranny quotes19 tyranny quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Historically, art and music and writing and film have been one of the only tools that is effective against tyranny.”
“- Jane Marke: Your country needs you, Mr. Cage. The Triple-X program needs you. It's time to be a patriot.
- Xander Cage: By whose definition? The last time I was patriotic, I got three strikes. And there was only one man who believed in the underdog. Patriotism is dead. There's only rebels and tyrants now.
- Jane Marke: So, which are you?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Dr. Jaquith says that tyranny is sometimes expression of the maternal instinct. If that's a mother's love, I want no part of it.”
“Political correctness is tyranny with manners.”
“- Esteban: Do you wish for a blindfold?
- Charlotte Taylor Wilson: No. The eyes of freedom will always see through the blindfolds of tyranny. And the bonds of oppression will always be broken with muscles of liberty.”
“Are you sure you're Mexican? You're acting like you're under The Fuhrer or something.”
“So they don't like the salt tax? Double it!”
“- Bill: It is indeed a pleasure to introduce to you a gentleman we picked up in medieval Mongolia in the year 1269.
- Ted: Please welcome, the very excellent barbarian...
- Ted, Bill: ...Mr. Genghis Khan!
- Ted: This is a dude who, 700 years ago, totally ravaged China, and who, we were told, 2 hours ago, totally ravaged Oshman's Sporting Goods.”
“I told my son you were dead. Why do you make me out a tyrant who intervenes between him and you?”
“The law has the right to forbid only those things that are harmful to society. I must go. I must go, not because I'm harmful to society - which is you - but I am harmful to tyranny.”
“Even in the face of tyranny, there is comedy.”
“- Rufus: Greetings, my excellent friends.
- Ted: Do you know when the Mongols ruled China?
- Rufus: Well... Perhaps we can ask them.”
“I'm challenging the right of the IRS to destroy people, people like Beverly Paine. The God that gave us life gave us liberty at the same time. I think that most of you people will understand what I'm doing today. It's time to keep those liberties alive. I declare war on the IRS, and all the little men who have become their tyrants.”
“I don't try to justify his crime, his mutiny, but I condemn the tyranny that drove him to it.”