“A Month in the Country” quotes(1987)
All actors – Colin Firth, John Atkinsons, Jim Carter, Patrick Malahide, Kenneth Branagh, Richard Vernon, Tim Barker, Vicki Arundale, Martin O'Neil, Natasha Richardson, Tony Haygarth, Eileen O'Brienshow all
“A Month in the Country” Quotes 10 quotes
“- James Moon: So you're married too?
- Birkin: Sort of. She went off with another chap. Not for the first time. Can't say I blame her really. Her name is Vinny.
- James Moon: Yes, I thought it might be something like that. As for me, never really met the right woman. Luckily for her.”
“- Alice Keach: Were you always in the... cleaning business, Mr Birkin?
- Birkin: My father traveled in... soap.”
“- Alice Keach: The painting, when will we be able to see all of it?
- Birkin: I don't know. It's a bit like a jigsaw. A face, a shoe, here a bit, there a bit. It comes together very slowly, if it comes together at all. Of course, after... 500 years I can't be sure what I'll find.
- Alice Keach: But that's the exciting part, isn't it? Not knowing...” (continue)(continue reading)
"Oh, most loving and delightful wife". I can never make out if that's grief or relief.
“Judgements always got the plum spots where the whole parish could see.”
“That's what you're praying to. He doesn't want your prayers. He wants some answers. Did you feed the hungry? Did you give drink to the thirsty? Do you... clothe the naked and the needy? What about me? Ever offer me bed and board? You smug Yorkshire lot. I'll have a word wtih Him about the way you're treated me. He'll get you yet.”
“- Birkin: I suppose hell means different things to different people.
- Alice Keach: What does it mean to you?
- Birkin: Hell on Earth, I think.”