Colin Firth quotes
“- Harry Hart: When I was shot, can you guess what the last thing was that flashed through my mind? It was absolutely nothing. I had no ties. No bittersweet memories. I was leaving nothing behind. Never experienced companionship, never been in love. And in that moment, all I felt was loneliness and regret.
- Eggsy: I'm sorry.
- Harry Hart: Don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Why are you people so threatened by a woman?”
“- Lionel Logue: Please, call me Lionel.
- King George VI: No, I... prefer Doctor.
- Lionel Logue: I prefer Lionel. What'll I call you?
- King George VI: Your Royal Highness. And... Sir... after that.
- Lionel Logue: How about Bertie?
- King George VI: Only my family uses that.
- Lionel Logue: Perfect. Here, it's better if we're equals.
- King...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's just over the years people have tended to be extremely complimentary about my ears.”
“- Mr. Best: How far are you going today?
- Donald Crowhurst: Oh, just staying locally. Practising for a longer haul, though.
- Mr. Best: Really? Any place in particular?
- Donald Crowhurst: Round the world.”
“During his lifetime each man plays cosmic chess with the devil. It's difficult to know who's winning, because God plays with one set of rules, the devil plays with the other exactly opposite set of rules. But one thing is clear. The only real sin is the sin of concealment.”
“From what you say, Oscar, it would seem that Reading Gaol is an enchanted castle. With the governor as its presiding elf.”
“- Oscar Wilde: I met Christ in prison.
- Reggie Turner: And what was she in for?
- Oscar Wilde: Don't joke, Reggie. In the cell, there is only God and man.”
“- Oscar Wilde: After three days in hell, Jesus rose from the dead, broke open his tomb, discarded his cerements and took his place forever in the heart of man. After 700 days of hard labour, my tomb is opened. I have tiptoed to the boattrain and am born again through him, with him and in France.
- Robert Robbie Ross: Very good, Oscar. We'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Reggie Turner: How do you like your new name?
- Oscar Wilde: Almost as much as I loathe the old one.”
“- Harry Hart: What's wrong with me, Merlin? I thought you fixed me.
- Merlin: Well, we rebuilt your neural pathways, but it'll take time to get your coordination back.”
“- Lionel Logue: Oh, surely a prince's brain knows what its mouth's doing?
- King George VI: You're not well acquainted with royal princes, are you?”
“- Elton John: Now, go off and save the world.
- Harry Hart: If I save the world, can I have two tickets to your next concert?
- Elton John: Darling, if you save the world, you can have a backstage pass.”
“- Eggsy: When you and I first met, I was just, like, a maggot.
- Harry Hart: Maggots turn into flies. Perhaps you mean larva.
- Eggsy: Larva, yeah, okay. Whatever. The point is, everyone wanted to squash me. But not you. You helped me to become a caterpillar. And now I've got wings. I'm flying higher than I ever dreamed, and that is all thanks...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eggsy: Are you sure I don't look like a dick?
- Harry Hart: Look in the mirror. What do you see?
- Eggsy: Someone who can't believe what the fuck is going on.
- Harry Hart: I see a man who is honorable, brave, loyal, who's fulfilled his huge potential. A man who's done something good with his life.”
“- King George VI: I'm not going to sit here warbling.
- Lionel Logue: You can with me.
- King George VI: Because you're peculiar.
- Lionel Logue: I take that as a compliment.”
“- King Edward VIII: Haven't I any rights?
- King George VI: Many privileges.
- King Edward VIII: Not the same thing.”
“- Eggsy: Harry. What's going on?
- Harry Hart: I was just packing. Look at all these lovely toiletries Merlin very kindly gave me as a leaving present. Here, try this aftershave.
- Eggsy: Yeah, I know, Harry. I'm wearing it. Listen. You can't just give up.
- Harry Hart: Give up? No, on the contrary, I'm about to achieve my dream. Researching...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lionel Logue: You still stammered on the 'W'.
- King George VI: Well, I had to throw in a few so they knew it was me.”
- Sarah Hughes: Paul, it's only a game!
- Paul Ashworth: Don't say that! Please! That is the worst, most stupid thing anyone could say! 'Cause it quite clearly isn't "only a game". I mean, if it was do you honestly think I'd care this much?