“Mommie Dearest” quotes(1981)
Plot – This movie tells the story of Joan Crawford's life as seen through the eyes of her adopted daughter Christine, who wrote a book about the famous actress. Joan Crawford did not leave in her will a penny to her adopted children, but Christine had the last say by writing a biography. She was a neurotic alcoholic, sometimes hysterical and paranoid, with unexpected anger bursts and sadistic behavior towards the children. It is not clear why she adopted four children only to torture and take out her frustrations on them. Christine was twice sent to a college, the second of which was a kind of house of correction.
All actors – Faye Dunaway, Diana Scarwid, Steve Forrest, Howard Da Silva, Mara Hobel, Rutanya Alda, Harry Goz, Michael Edwards, Jocelyn Brando, Priscilla Pointer, Joe Abdullah, Gary Allenshow all
“Mommie Dearest” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Carol Ann: Your mother's been practicing and practicing. You know how perfect she always wants to be. Well this time, she must be perfect. Do you understand?
- Christina Crawford (child): She wants everything to be perfect.”
“- Joan Crawford: Oh, you lost again.
- Christina Crawford (child): It's not fair. You're bigger than I am, it's not fair to win twice.
- Joan Crawford: Ah, but nobody ever said life was fair, Tina. I'm bigger and I'm faster. I will always beat you.”
“- Christina Crawford (adult): There's a liquor store to the right.
- Joan Crawford: I should've know you'd know where to find the boys and the booze.”
“- Adoption agency official: I'm afraid I have some difficult news for you, Miss Crawford. The agency has denied your application for adoption.
- Joan Crawford: Why?
- Adoption agency official: Well... you live alone. There are no other family members in the home. You have two previous divorces. You're a busy, active woman, and the candidate is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“How? How could this happen, how could you humiliate me this way? I am ashamed to be your mother!”
“- Joan Crawford: Take your shoes off. I just washed that floor.
- Greg Savitt: What about the socks?
- Joan Crawford: I can handle the socks.”
“- Lawyer: It is my intention to make no provision herein for my son Christopher or my daughter Christina, for reasons which are well known to them.
- Christopher Crawford (adult): What reasons?
- Christina Crawford (adult): [laughing bitterly] Jesus Christ.
- Christopher Crawford (adult): As usual, she has the last word.”
“I'd rather you go bald to school than looking like a tramp.”
“Oh Mommie. I always loved you so. It's over. The Pain. There's no more pain. You're free. Free. Oh Mommie...”
“Adopted children are luckiest because they were chosen.”