Adoption quotes35 adoption quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Matilda: I have the adoption papers.
- Mrs. Wormwood: What? Where did you get those?
- Matilda: From a book in the library. I've had them since I was big enough to xerox.”
“- Harriet Wilson: Given Luce’s background, you and Peter should have confronted fairly a number of challenges. The language barrier, the tradition shock.
- Amy Edgar: I imply you don’t pull a child out of a warzone and have him end up like Luce with out a number of assist.
- Harriet Wilson: Which is why that is so tough.
- Amy Edgar: Troublesome?” (continue)(continue reading)
“Your criteria are so far up your ass, they can't see daylight! This is bullshit!”
“If you were my brother, I'd put myself up for adoption.”
“After the tragic death of your father, I married your mother promising her I would raise you as my own. You chose not to take the Maggio name. I did not complain. And when you wanted to go to Beauty School, as boys who lose their fathers early in life often do, I did not snivel at interventions, did I?”
- Juno MacGuff: No, I heard you. I just, like, don't want to give the baby to a family that describes themselves as "wholesome". Well, I don't know, I just want something a little more edgier.
- Leah: Okay, well what did you have in mind?
- Juno MacGuff: I was thinking more, like, graphic designer... mid thirties, you know, with a cool Asian... (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't breed, don't buy, don't even accept giveaways.”
“- Mother: Navin, it's your birthday, and it's time you knew. You're not our natural-born child.
- Navin: I'm not? You mean I'm gonna stay this color?”
“- Adoption Agent: She insisted that you were adopted by a member of the working class to save you from the curse of money.
- Tommy Patel: How very thoughtful...”
“- Miss Hannigan: Just let me make sure I heard you right Miss Personal Secretary to The Oliver Warbucks. My Annie is going to be adopted by your millionaire?
- Miss Grace Farrell: Actually, he's a billionaire.”
“- Adoption agency official: I'm afraid I have some difficult news for you, Miss Crawford. The agency has denied your application for adoption.
- Joan Crawford: Why?
- Adoption agency official: Well... you live alone. There are no other family members in the home. You have two previous divorces. You're a busy, active woman, and the candidate is...” (continue)(continue reading)
They said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?". Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.
“- Marilyn: Cool is adorable. Adorable! Why didn't you write us when you had a son?
- Larry: I didn't know myself until a couple of months ago. You see, a few years ago, I was living in Vegas with this girl. Showgirl. She was in that show 'Elvis On Ice'. Anyhow, we drifted apart, as people do in these complicated times, and then a couple of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mrs. Knowles: The point is, we establish criteria for parenting, and an ex-convict compared to other desirables...
- Frank: Great, so we'll take a kid that's not so desirable. You got a black kid? We'll take a black kid. You got a chink kid?
- Mrs. Knowles: You don't seem to understand...
- Frank: Nobody likes older kids. You got an eight-year...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mr. Peabody: Badparents make bad children!
- Flo Healy: Oh so now I'm a badparent just because I hate my kid!
- Mr. Peabody: You took him, he's yours!
- Little Ben Healy: That's because you conned us into him!
- Mr. Peabody: What am I supposed to do with the little creep? He's already been returned 30 times!”
“- Stan Bobrucz: Why don't we just keep it.
- Mr. Bobrucz: Grow up! You had a gerbil last year, you forgot to feed it, it died. This baby is going up for adoption, period.
- Donna Elliot: No. Darcy is not going to lug this baby around for nine months and get stretch marks so you could give it up to Catholic charities.”