Adoption quotes37 adoption quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Matilda: I have the adoption papers.
- Mrs. Wormwood: What? Where did you get those?
- Matilda: From a book in the library. I've had them since I was big enough to xerox.”
“Your criteria are so far up your ass, they can't see daylight! This is bullshit!”
“- Mrs. Knowles: The point is, we establish criteria for parenting, and an ex-convict compared to other desirables...
- Frank: Great, so we'll take a kid that's not so desirable. You got a black kid? We'll take a black kid. You got a chink kid?
- Mrs. Knowles: You don't seem to understand...
- Frank: Nobody likes older kids. You got an eight-year...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Harriet Wilson: Given Luce’s background, you and Peter should have confronted fairly a number of challenges. The language barrier, the tradition shock.
- Amy Edgar: I imply you don’t pull a child out of a warzone and have him end up like Luce with out a number of assist.
- Harriet Wilson: Which is why that is so tough.
- Amy Edgar: Troublesome?” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you were my brother, I'd put myself up for adoption.”
“After the tragic death of your father, I married your mother promising her I would raise you as my own. You chose not to take the Maggio name. I did not complain. And when you wanted to go to Beauty School, as boys who lose their fathers early in life often do, I did not snivel at interventions, did I?”
- Juno MacGuff: No, I heard you. I just, like, don't want to give the baby to a family that describes themselves as "wholesome". Well, I don't know, I just want something a little more edgier.
- Leah: Okay, well what did you have in mind?
- Juno MacGuff: I was thinking more, like, graphic designer... mid thirties, you know, with a cool Asian... (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't breed, don't buy, don't even accept giveaways.”
“- Mother: Navin, it's your birthday, and it's time you knew. You're not our natural-born child.
- Navin: I'm not? You mean I'm gonna stay this color?”
“- Adoption Agent: She insisted that you were adopted by a member of the working class to save you from the curse of money.
- Tommy Patel: How very thoughtful...”
“- Miss Hannigan: Just let me make sure I heard you right Miss Personal Secretary to The Oliver Warbucks. My Annie is going to be adopted by your millionaire?
- Miss Grace Farrell: Actually, he's a billionaire.”
“- Adoption agency official: I'm afraid I have some difficult news for you, Miss Crawford. The agency has denied your application for adoption.
- Joan Crawford: Why?
- Adoption agency official: Well... you live alone. There are no other family members in the home. You have two previous divorces. You're a busy, active woman, and the candidate is...” (continue)(continue reading)
They said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?". Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.
“- Marilyn: Cool is adorable. Adorable! Why didn't you write us when you had a son?
- Larry: I didn't know myself until a couple of months ago. You see, a few years ago, I was living in Vegas with this girl. Showgirl. She was in that show 'Elvis On Ice'. Anyhow, we drifted apart, as people do in these complicated times, and then a couple of...” (continue)(continue reading)