“Star 80” quotes(1983)
Plot – Paul Snider is a photographer specialized in risqué photos who meets Dorothy Stratten, a nice waitress. He thinks her beauty and innate simplicity will facilitate his success, so he introduces her to Hugh Hefner, the powerful lord of "Playboy". When Dorothy is recruited in the "big family", Paul realizes he's in love with her. They marry but the man is still thinking about the success he can achieve with her. While Dorothy becomes popular, Paul is marginalized. The woman is then introduced to Aram Nicholas, a known director who makes her act in his films. Paul is very jealous and wants to leave her. He possesses her violently, he kills her and disfigures her beautiful face, then he possesses her again. After that, Paul kills himself.
All actors – Mariel Hemingway, Eric Roberts, Cliff Robertson, Carroll Baker, Roger Rees, David Clennon, Josh Mostel, Lisa Gordon, Sidney Miller, Keith Hefner, Tina Willson, Shelly Ingramshow all
“Star 80” Quotes 24 quotes
“- Snider: If you like Italian food, I know a real knock-out place. I'll take you tomorrow night.
- Dorothy Stratten: I like pizza.
- Snider: Well, this is Northern Italian. Three stars.”
“Playboy is a very special magazine, Dorothy. There's no other magazine like it. All the writers, editors, photographers, all the girls, et cetera, we all have a very special relationship. It's not like any other magazine. We're all like a... well, we're just like a family.”
“- Snider: What's your name?
- Dorothy Stratten: Dorothy. Can I help you?
- Snider: You're beautiful.
- Dorothy Stratten: Me? May I take your order now?
- Snider: May I have something sweet, soft and white? You?”
Dorothy had already done the centerfold, Miss August. She had already done parts in "Fantasy Island" and "Buck Rogers". Things were moving fast for her. I became very fond of her. She was handling her public visibility very well. She was maturing very fast for 19. But, to me, she was just a friend. Understand? Just a friend.
“He really believed in this girl. Or, else, he just wanted to screw her. I'm still not sure which.”
- Snider: Is Jimmy Caan there?
- Dorothy Stratten: Who?
- Snider: Sonny Corleone in "The Godfather".
- Dorothy Stratten: I didn't see it.
- Snider: He's probably there. He and Hef are pals.
“- Robin: You don't suppose he'd do anything crazy, do you?
- Geb: Like what?
- Robin: I don't know. Like, hurt himself.
- Geb: Not if it means mussin' his hair.”
“The Rolls is an investment, for me. It's an investment. I'm not into status symbols, like most people out here. It's an investment. Okay?”
I'll go shopping in the store and I'll see people go "Hey, that's Dorothy Stratten". Or "Hey, can we have a picture of you? Can we have an autograph?". Or even in the airport, you know, people will, rushing up to me to get my autograph or something. That's really exciting for me!
“I was working in this Dairy Queen, part time, while I went to high school. And one day this gentleman walked in with this gorgeous blonde. She had a fur coat on. They both had fur coats on!”
“I can take a bragging Snider. I can take a conniving Snider. I just can't stomach a sentimental Snider.”
“- Snider: You don't like me, do you?
- Dorothy's Mother: I love Dorothy.”
- Snider: I do love her.
- Dorothy's Mother: What did you say?
- Snider: I said I love her.
- Dorothy's Mother: Funny - I could've sworn you said "I love it".
“- Interviewer: I'm not the film critic, but that wasn't much of a part.
- Dorothy Stratten: Well, I wasn't much of an actress, either.
- Interviewer: Oh? Are you better now?
- Dorothy Stratten: Oh, God, I hope so. I'm studying.
- Interviewer: The Classics?
- Dorothy Stratten: No, acting. I don't know anything about music.”
“You're gonna do me a big favor, huh? Ok, that's me - a charity case.”