“Noises Off” quotes(1992)
Plot – A rather eccentric theater company starts to rehearse its show for the first time the night before the debut. It takes a lot of patience, between various interruptions, hysteria and arguments to get to the end. On opening night things carry on in the same way, but this time we follow what happens behind the scenes.
All actors – Carol Burnett, Michael Caine, Denholm Elliott, Julie Hagerty, Marilu Henner, Mark Linn-Baker, Christopher Reeve, John Ritter, Nicollette Sheridan, Katie Rich, Zoe R. Cassavetes, Kim Sebastianshow all
“Noises Off” Quotes 10 quotes
“- Lloyd Fellowes: I've been working on Hamlet for the past six weeks.
- Dotty: Do you think he needs working on more than we do?”
“- Garry Lejeune: Lloyd, let me just say one thing, since we've stopped. I've worked with a lotta directors, Lloyd. Some of them were geniuses, some of them were bastards. But I've never met one who was so totally and absolutely... I don't know.
- Lloyd Fellowes: Thank you Gary, I'm very touched. Now will you get off the fucking stage?”
“- Frederick Dallas: I'm sure he wouldn't. Not during a tech rehearsal.
- Dotty Otley: Half a chance, he would!
- Brooke Ashton: Would what?
- Lloyd Fellowes: Glck! Glck! Glck!”
“Am I in Spain? No I'm not in Spain, dear, I'm in agony, that's where I am!”
“- Lloyd Fellowes: Think of the first night as the dress rehearsal. If we can just get through the play once tonight - for doors and sardines. That's what it's all about, doors and sardines. Getting on, getting off. Getting the sardines on, getting the sardines off. That's farce. That's - that's the theatre. That's life.
- Belinda Blair: God,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm not running away. I'm just not the kind of person who gets a kick out of watching an automobile crash, particularly when it's my automobile! It's gonna be the worst catastrophe Broadway has ever seen. They're gonna forget their lines, the set will fall down. None of us will get out of New York alive; they've got big pictures of us in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lloyd Fellowes: The wellsprings of human action are deep and cloudy. Maybe something happened to you when you were a very, very, very small child that made you frightened to let go of groceries.
- Belinda Blair: Or it could be genetic.
- Garry Lejeune: Yes, or it could be... you know.
- Lloyd Fellowes: Could... could well be.”
“- Lloyd Fellowes: I'm starting to know what God felt like when He sat out there in the darkness, creating the world.
- Belinda Blair: And what did He feel like, Lloyd my dear?
- Lloyd Fellowes: Very pleased He'd taken His Valium.”
“Don't fall down, Tim. We may not be insured.”