“- James Wright: How many Beatles are there?
- Kyle Davidson: Three... and Ringo.”
“The Thing Called Love” quotes(1993)
Plot – Miranda Presley leaves New York to go to Nashville and takes part to a country music audition at the ‘Bluebird Café’. Although the audition doesn’t end well, Miranda meets and becomes friend with some aspiring musicians, including the talented James Wright, the shy and romantic Kyle Davidson and nice but clumsy Linda Lue Linden. Miranda finds a job and a house in the city to keep on writing her songs and soon becomes both James and Kyle’s crush. James asks her to marry him during a day trip in Granceland. However, the career and family life’s problems make Miranda decide to go back home. During the bus trip, she finally writes the perfect song to win the audition at the ‘Bluebird’.
All actors – River Phoenix, Samantha Mathis, Dermot Mulroney, Sandra Bullock, K.T. Oslin, Anthony Clark, Webb Wilder, Earl Poole Ball, Deborah Allen, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Katy Moffatt, Jo-El Sonniershow all
“The Thing Called Love” Quotes 10 quotes
“- Miranda Presley: We'll have a fight, and I'll pretend to slap you, or shoot you in the leg or something.
- James Wright: Got a better idea.
- Miranda Presley: What?
- James Wright: Let's get married.
- Miranda Presley: You don't just get married as a joke.
- James Wright: It's not a joke. It's a journey.”
“- Linda Lue Linden: You know, Kyle Davidson, there's something you never knew about me.
- Kyle Davidson: What's that?
- Linda Lue Linden: You could have had me for a song.”
“- Kyle Davidson: Sometimes you hear a song on the radio and it's just the song you want to hear right then, and then it's over and you're just glad you heard it.
- Miranda Presley: And I'm like that song?
- Kyle Davidson: No, you're nothing like that song. You're like if that was the only song in the world that I could hear for the rest of my...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Linda Lue Linden: Hey, Kyle Davidson!
- Kyle Davidson: Hey Linda Lue, is that your pretty face I'm seein'?
- Linda Lue Linden: Well it ain't nobody's butt.”
“- James Wright: You want to come all the way to Memphis just to sit around and watch me record? I thought you'd want to stay here. Settle into our house...
- Miranda Presley: And do what?
- James Wright: Do what? Don't know. What does one do anywhere? There's a number of things you could do... write songs... birdwatch.”