River Phoenix quotes
“I try to lie as much as I can when I'm interviewed. It's reverse psychology. I figure if you lie, they'll print the truth.”
“- Danny Pope: If you want to go back, that's fine with me.
- Lorna Phillips: You're a bully.
- Danny Pope: No. I'm a liar.”
Wish the hell I was your dad. You wouldn't be goin' around talkin' about takin' these stupid shop courses if I was. It's like God gave you something, man, all those stories you can make up. And He said, "This is what we got for ya, kid. Try not to lose it". Kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Danny Pope: So, what are you doing over the summer?
- Lorna Phillips: I have a job pumping gas.
- Danny Pope: You finally got the Supreme Court to hear your case, huh?
- Lorna Phillips: Yeah.”
“- Eddie Birdlace: Why do we bullshit each other like this?
- Berzin: Are you kidding me? Look, I bullshit you, you bullshit me. We take our bullshit from the military, who takes their bullshit from President Kennedy, who takes bullshit from everyone else. And that's what makes us Americans, Birdlace.”
- Scott Favor: Getting away from everything feels good.
- Mike Waters: Yeah, it does.
- Scott Favor: When I left home, the maid asked me where I was off to. I said "Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day!".
“- Rose: What's a 'jarhead'?
- Eddie Birdlace: That's just what we call ourselves. You see, I'm a United States marine. It's okay if we say it but if a squid says it, you know, a sailor? Then it's fist city. But it's alright if a woman says it... especially if she can sing as good as you can.
- Rose: Thanks. Thanks very much. Jarhead.”
“- Mike Waters: You're the only one I can ask, you know that Walt! Please! I'll owe you a date, how about that? I'll owe you a date. Please.
- Walt: Oh God, tears crying, hold on. Here you go.”
“I wouldn't eat a hamburger for 40,000 dollars.”
“I sometimes lie, especially about personal things, because what does it matter?”
“If we realized that there really is no reason to consume, that it's just a mind set, that it's just an addiction, then we wouldn't be out there stepping on people's hands climbing the corporate ladder of success.”
“Acting is like a Halloween mask that you put on.”
“Vegetarianism is a link to perfection and peace.”
“I need to collect myself... Alright. It's you and I. No way out. Get your shit together. Okay? Okay. Let's go.”
“- James Wright: How many Beatles are there?
- Kyle Davidson: Three... and Ringo.”
“- Miranda Presley: We'll have a fight, and I'll pretend to slap you, or shoot you in the leg or something.
- James Wright: Got a better idea.
- Miranda Presley: What?
- James Wright: Let's get married.
- Miranda Presley: You don't just get married as a joke.
- James Wright: It's not a joke. It's a journey.”
“- Chris: How do you know if a Frenchman has been in your backyard?
- Teddy: Hey, I'm French, okay?
- Chris: Your garbage cans are empty and your dog's pregnant.
- Teddy: Didn't I just say I was French?”
- Chris: "Suck my fat one"? Whoever told you that you had a fat one, Lachance?
- Gordie: Biggest one in four counties.
“- Elizabeth Grant: What time will you be home?
- Jeff Grant: 5, 6... something like that.
- Elizabeth Grant: Could you be a little more specific? I get tired of cooking dinner twice.”