Mythology quotes15 mythology quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend; legend became myth.”
“I started studying mythology, just on my own.”
“I trained all those would-be heroes. Odysseus, Perseus, Theseus. Alotayusses! And every one of those bums let me down flatter than a discus. None of them could go the distance. And then, there was Achilles. Now there was a guy who had it all: the build, the foot-speed. He could jab! He could take a hit! He could keep on coming! But that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lara Croft: Reiss is going to use the orb to find Pandora's box.
- MI6 Agent Stevens: Do you meen the Greek myth? Pandora's given a box by a God, told not to open it, she does and unleashes pain into the world?”
“Unlike the Greek, England has no true mythology. All we have are witches and fairies.”
“As you know, l'm quite keen on comic books. Especially the ones about superheroes. I find the whole mythology surrounding superheroes fascinating. Take my favorite superhero, Superman. Not a great comic book. Not particularly well-drawn. But the mythology... The mythology is not only great, it's unique.”
“Sisters, Satan has married Medusa. See the snakes in her hair.”
“- Lama Norbu: I was just telling Jesse the story of Siddhartha.
- Dean Conrad: That's a beautiful story. A beautiful... myth.
- Lama Norbu: It is one way of telling the truth, and children seem to love it.”
“- Rusty James: I saw that chick, Cassandra. She said she wasn't hooked.
- The Motorcycle Boy: Yeah? I believe her. You remember what happened to the people who didn't believe Cassandra?
- Father: The Greeks got 'em.
- Rusty James: What?
- Father: The Greeks Got-'Em.
- Rusty James: Man, what the fuck do the Greeks have to do with anything?”