- Movie quotes
- Too Big To Fail
“Too Big To Fail” quotes
Title Too Big To Fail
Original title Too Big to Fail
Plot – Henry Paulson is the Secretary of the Treasury and the former Goldman Sachs CEO. He works with many important tycoons and banks' leaders. The film shows the tangled lives of these brokers who are involved in the biggest financial crash since the one of 1929. The movie in fact is a chronicle of the 2008 financial crisis and the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers.
All actors – James Woods, John Heard, William Hurt, Erin Dilly, Amy Carlson, Topher Grace, Ayad Akhtar, Cynthia Nixon, Kathy Baker, Edward Asner, Paul Giamatti, Beau Baxter
People act like we're crack dealers. Nobody put a gun to anybody's head and said, "Hey, nimrod, buy a house you can't afford, and you know what? While you're at it, put a line of credit on that baby and buy yourself a boat".
“I spent my entire academic career studying the Great Depression. The depression may have started because of a stock market crash, but what hit the general economy was a disruption of credit. Average citizens unable to borrow money, to do anything. To buy a home, start a business, stock their shelves.”
“- Phone caller: Why didn't you guys head off this situation six months ago?
- Michele Davis: Because the requisite magic wand wasn't available, Doug. But if we do find one, you will be among the very first to know.”
“- Mack's Assistant: Tim Geithner's calling again.
- John Mack: Cover your ears. You tell Tim Geithner to fucking blow me. I'm trying to save my company.”
“- Ben Bernanke: Lehman's down another 10%.
- Henry Paulson: You are not gonna let me get down a single bite, are you?
- Ben Bernanke: This is why I have oatmeal”
“- Lloyd Blankfein's Assistant: I don't think I can take another day of this.
- Lloyd Blankfein: You're getting' out of a Mercedes to go to the New York Federal Reserve. It's not a Higgins boat on Omaha beach.”
“I don't really understand why there needs to be so much tension about this. The country is facing the worst economy since the Great Depression. If the financial system collapses, it will take every one of you down.”
“Credit has the ability to build a modern economy, but lack of credit has the ability to destroy it, swiftly and absolutely.”
- Chris Flowers: Make sure Fuld's not keeping any bad news out of the mix.
- Rodgin Cohen: It's "open kimono", to quote Dick.
- Chris Flowers: There's a revolting image.