Economy quotes25 economy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The premise is simple: One economy and one environment, and they're interdependent.”
“I spent my entire academic career studying the Great Depression. The depression may have started because of a stock market crash, but what hit the general economy was a disruption of credit. Average citizens unable to borrow money, to do anything. To buy a home, start a business, stock their shelves.”
“America's heavy manufacturing is dead.”
“Well, I've got to go. I haven't done any shopping in three hours and I don't want to hurt the economy.”
“What do you think will happen when they run off this dough... and there's trillions of extra dollars, francs, and marks floating around? You've got a collapse of confidence in the currency. People are gonna panic. There's gonna be gold riots, atonal music... political chaos, mass suicide. Right? It's Germany before Hitler. You can see that....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm confident that China's economic growth will definitely not slow to below 9 percent in the next two years.”
“I see you have the machine that goes ping. This is my favorite. You see we lease it back from the company we sold it to and that way it comes under the monthly current budget and not the capital account.”
“I haven't been this excited since Gucci became a publicly traded stock!”
“The entire economy is flat. We're in the middle of a damn recession.”
“What's good for the economy is good for the country.”
“- Salinger: Our stock's in the fucking toilet.
- Gene: Everybody's stock's in the toilet.”
- Nick Beam: "Diversify! You can't trust banks, Nick. The whole economy could crumble at any second". That bastard's so heavily leveraged it would wipe him out.
- Terrance Paul Davidson: What, am I hearing you right? Mr. High-and-Mighty's gonna rob his boss? You hear that, gila monsters? Old Nick Beam here's gonna rob his boss! I say, do you... (continue)(continue reading)
“I’ll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres your whole national economy would collapse overnight!”
“I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy.”
“- Sheldon Flender: Quantity affects quality!
- David Shayne: Says who?
- Sheldon Flender: Karl Marx!
- Rita: Oh, so now we're talking economics.
- Sheldon Flender: Sex is economics!”
“Write this down. Are you naïve enough to think containing German militarism has anything to do with this war? Don't you understand that England and France own the world economy and Germany just wants a piece of it? Keep writing, Miss Bryant. Miss Bryant, can't you grasp that J. P. Morgan has loaned England and France a billion dollars? And if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Fox: Do you enjoy all this flummery, Mr. Pitt?
- Pitt: No, Mr. Fox.
- Fox: Do you enjoy anything, Mr. Pitt?
- Pitt: A balance sheet, Mr. Fox. I enjoy a good balance sheet.”
“Bruce Lee ain't dead you know. They got him krytonized down in Chatsworth, he's jammed in a silo and he's frozen hard as a carp. And they're gonna melt him down as soon as the economy gets better.”
“- Hobson: Thrilling to meet you, Gloria.
- Gloria: Hi.
- Hobson: Yes... You obviously have a wonderful economy with words, Gloria. I look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness.”