Mathematics quotes65 mathematics quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“There are infinite numbers between zero and one.”
“- Paul Donovan: Yo, asshole. We gonna have a problem?
- Xander Cage: Oh, no problem. How was your trip? I'm just doing the math.
- Paul Donovan: Oh, yeah? What math?
- Xander Cage: Air velocitydivided by distance. So, when I stuff you down the toilet, Search And Rescue will know where to find you between China and North Korea.”
“Maybe love's like math. You don't get better at it but you just get used to it. Simple equations with the occasional variable.”
“I am a horny engineer; I never joke about math or sex.”
“- Tree Gelbman: What happened?
- Andrea 'Dre' Morgan: Oh, the vector's off.
- Tree Gelbman: [worried] But you said this was the right one.
- Andrea 'Dre' Morgan: No, the math was right. Something else is off.
- Tree Gelbman: Guys, I have literally been killing myself to memorize this shit for you. Failure's not an option.”
“- Cohessy: Sir, what use is Euclid when the Germans are bombing everything in sight?
- Teacher: What use is Euclid? Without Euclid, the Messerschmitt could never have taken to the sky and dart from cloud to cloud and bomb the bejesus - out of the English, who deserve it after what they did to the Irish for 800 years. Euclid is grace and beauty...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Good order, very precise, feeling of the unknown. Fine poetry is the music of mathematics, numbers, singing. You have to look behind the words to understand their meaning.”
“There's something uniquely interesting about Buddhism and mathematics, particularly about quantum physics, and where they meet.”
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: I made a 74 on a trig quiz.
- Beth Jarrett: Oh really? Gosh I was awful at trig.
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: Oh. Really? You took trig?
- Beth Jarrett: No... wait a minute... ha, did I take trig? Huh... anyway, I bought you two shirts, they're on your bed.
“- Del Spooner: Then why would you build a robot that could function without them?
- Dr. Alfred Lanning: The Three Laws will lead to only one logicaloutcome.
- Del Spooner: What? What outcome?
- Dr. Alfred Lanning: Revolution.
- Del Spooner: Whose revolution?
- Dr. Alfred Lanning: That, Detective, is the right question. Program terminated.”
“A lot of music is mathematics. It's balance. ”
“Mathematics... mathematics is never going to lead you to higher truth and you know why? Because it's boring!”
“Sallah, I said no camels. That's five camels. Can't you count?”
“Mathematics is a language. It's very difficult. It's subtle. You couldn't say those things any other way - and I can talk to dead people with it. I talk to Copernicus every day.”
“- Charlie Babbitt: That's amazing! He is amazing! He should work for NASA or something like that.
- Doctor: [walking to Raymond Babbitt] If you had a dollar... and you spent 50 cents, how much money would you have left?
- Raymond Babbitt: About 70...
- Doctor: 70 cents?
- Raymond Babbitt: 70 cents.”