“Sherlock Holmes” quotes(2009)
All actors – Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong, Eddie Marsan, Robert Maillet, Geraldine James, Kelly Reilly, William Houston, Hans Matheson, James Fox, William Hope, Clive Russell, Oran Gurel, David Garrick, Kylie Hutchinson, Andrew Brooke, Tom Watt, John Kearney, Sebastian Abineri, Jonathan Gabriel Robbins, James A. Stephens, Terence Taplin, Bronagh Gallagher, Ed Tolputt, Joe Egan, Jefferson Hall, Miles Jupp, Marn Davies, Andrew Greenough, Ned Dennehy, Martin Ewens, Amanda Grace Johnson, James Greene, David Emmings, Ben Cartwright, Chris Sunley, Michael Jenn, Timothy O'Hara, Guy Williams, Peter Miles, , Aidan Belizaire, Jonathan Bridge, Kenneth W Caravan, Radu Andrei Cucu, James Currie, Jason Daly, Paul J. Dove, Neil Findlater, Andrew Goldfarb, Kas Graham, Thomas Kadman, Brendan McCoy, Matthew Radway, Bryan Samson, Robert Stone, David Swift, John Warmanshow all
“Sherlock Holmes” Quotes 21 quotes
“You have the grand gift of silence, Watson; it makes you quite invaluable as a companion. [Watson punches him in the face]”
“Data, data, data! I cannot make bricks without clay!”
“- Mary Morstan: It does seem a little far-fetched, though. Making all these grand assumptions based on such tiny details...
- Sherlock Holmes: Mm, that's not quite right, is it? In fact, the little details are by far the most important.”
“- Mrs. Hudson: Oh, he's killed the dog. Again.
- Dr. Watson: [irritated] What have you done to Gladstone now?
- Sherlock Holmes: I was simply testing a new anesthetic. He doesn't mind.”
“Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: There's only at one case that intrigues me at present. The curious case of Mrs. Hudson, the absentee landlady. I've been studying her comings and goings, they appear most... sinister.
- Mrs. Hudson: Tea, Mr. Holmes?
- Sherlock Holmes: Is it poisoned, Nanny?
- Mrs. Hudson: There's enough of that in you already.”
“Relax. I'm a doctor.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: What of the coffin, Lestrade?
- Inspector Lestrade: Well, we are in the process of bringing it up.
[Sherlock Holmes looks at the unmoving constables]
- Sherlock Holmes: Indeed? What stage of the process? Contemplative?”
“- Sherlock Holmes: It's quite infamous in the region of Turkey bordering the Black Sea for its ability to induce an apparently mortal paralysis. Enough to deceive even a medical mind as tenacious and well-trained as yours. It's known locally as...
- Mary Morstan: [noticing] What's wrong with Gladstone?
- Sherlock Holmes: Mad honey disease. Oh,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Irene Adler: I've never woke up in handcuffs before.
- Sherlock Holmes: I have. Naked.”
“Why is the only woman you've cared about a world class criminal? Are you a masochist?”
“There's nothing more elusive than an obvious fact.”
“- Dr. Watson: Get that out of my face.
- Sherlock Holmes: It's not in your face, it's in my hand.
- Dr. Watson: Get what's in your hand out of my face.”
“- Dr. John Watson: It's happening. Whether you like it or not, 8:30, the Royale. Wear a jacket!
- Sherlock Holmes: You wear a jacket.”