Elaine May quotes
“Information cannot argue with a closed mind.”
“- May Sloane: Then the lights begin to flash. Little pinpoints of light. Then my tongue turns black and I can't swallow.
- Dr. Henske: Really?
- May Sloane: The diagnosis is Parkinson's, but they think it could be the Ebola virus, or mad cow disease.”
“The only safe thing is to take a chance.”
“It was a really tragic story because my husband, Otto, was dyslexic, and the only thing he could spell correctly was his name.”
“- Reva Prosky: It's the mafia! The mafia is after us!
- Marianne Flan: Oh, the mafia wouldn't try to kill us and make it look like an accident! They'd just kill us! They're the mafia.
- Reva Prosky: Oh, yes. But what if it connects them to something bigger, like drugs, or murder!?
- Marianne Flan: Do you know much about the mafia?”
“I met a wonderful man downstairs. He seemed to like me. He said I reminded him of his wife who's dead. But I assume he meant when she was alive.”
“- Ray: I get a bad vibe about this guy, David. It's my street instinct, but I just don't trust him.
- May Sloane: Yeah, I know why. Because he's younger than you are, handsomer than you are, he's much taller than you are, he's smarter than you are, he's much more exciting than you are...
- Ray: May, don't feel obligated to pull any punches with...” (continue)(continue reading)