“Absence of Malice” quotes(1981)
Plot – Miami, Florida. A young and enterprising journalist, Megan Carter, publishes an investigation about the death of a trade unionist, a certain Diaz. The police wants to clarify the situation but the agents don't know how to continue their searches. Detective Rosen calls the young journalist after leaving on her desk some documents about Michael Gallagher, a honest spirits wholesaler whose father was linked to the Mob. Carter doesn't miss the opportunity: she trusts the news and publishes an article in which she alludes to the possible connection of Gallagher to Diaz's death. Consequences come suddently. A Gallagher's friend, wanting to justify him, reveals Carter a very intimate affair, so the journalist cranks out a second article. Gallagher does everything to convince the journalist of his innocence. In the end he conquers Megan but everything is useless.
All actors – Paul Newman, Sally Field, Bob Balaban, Melinda Dillon, Luther Adler, Barry Primus, Josef Sommer, John Harkins, Don Hood, Wilford Brimley, Arnie Ross, Phanie Napolishow all
“Absence of Malice” Quotes 9 quotes
“- Megan Carter: I am free every night this week but Friday.
- Michael Colin Gallagher: How about Friday?
- Megan Carter: Okay!”
“- Megan Carter: You said you wanted me to know you fast. You're not interested?
- Michael Colin Gallagher: Maybe I'd like to think it was my idea.
- Megan Carter: I'd like that too. Gallagher, I'm 34 years old. I don't needcourting.
- Michael Colin Gallagher: I'm from the Stone Age. I guess I do.
- Megan Carter: I'll send you a dozen roses.”
“- James A. Wells, Assistant U.S. Attorney General: You're a smart man, Mr. Gallagher. I'm pretty smart myself. Don't get too smart.
- Michael Colin Gallagher: Everybody in this room is smart, and everybody was just doing their job, and Teresa Perrone is dead. Who do I see about that?
- James A. Wells, Assistant U.S. Attorney General: Ain't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Michael Colin Gallagher: Why aren't you married?
- Megan Carter: How do you know I'm not?
- Michael Colin Gallagher: I don't see a ring.
- Megan Carter: Haven't you heard of women's lib?
- Michael Colin Gallagher: Most of them are ugly.
- Megan Carter: Is that supposed to be a compliment?”
“- Michael Colin Gallagher: Waiter? Check.
- Megan Carter: Oh, no, no, no. I'll pay. Unless you think that would make you impotent.
- Michael Colin Gallagher: You got some mouth.”