Layoff quotes82 layoff quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The only mistake I ever made was to appoint a sniveling little weasel like you Secretary of Defense. However, that is a mistake, I am happy to say, that I don't have to live with. Mr. Nimzicki... you're fired.”
“- Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
- Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this kind of behavior is something to be proud of.
- Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer that I go through life like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bookstore owner: You're the D&A !
- Nick Styles: Wrong! They fired me. As a private citizen I can kick anybody's ass I want to.”
“- Nick and Billy's Boss: You two were great salesmen. The best! But at the end of the day, you're grinders. Foot soldiers. We all know you'll never be generals. And I'm gonna say something harsh right now.
- Billy McMahon: Now you're gonna say something harsh?
- Nick and Billy's Boss: Strap it in, boys, 'cause it ain't pretty out there. And you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're pretty strong for a little lady and you have a lot of hair on your lip. We don't like our waitresses to have hairy lips. So I'll tell you what, shave. Oh, and after you shave, you're fired.”
- Dave York: Oh. Alright. Well, guess what. There is no sin. No virtue. It’s just shit people do. They trained us to kill people and risk our lives doing it. And then one day, you get a call saying they’re done with you. “Thank you for your service. Here’s a plaque”. You need a job? Good luck. You need medical insurance? See the VA. One day,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Stackhouse: O'Malley told me you dropped your letter, he's bullshitting me, right?
- Burnett: Nope, he's telling the truth.
- Stackhouse: Oh, so you're gonna break up the band? That's good. Listen, Chris, I thought you were kidding about getting out. Are you telling me I gotta find another navigator? Is that the deal?
- Burnett: I can't do it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Alicia Marcus: I still own 50% of this company.
- Dr. Isaacs: And what do you intend to do with that?
- Alicia Marcus: You are co-owner of this corporation, but Wesker... Wesker is still an employee.
- Wesker: I don't have to take your orders. My loyalties are with him.
- Alicia Marcus: I know. Albert Wesker, you're fired.”
“- Vince: Well, you can take an early retirement, collect disability. With the pension we offer you should be comfortable.
- Gus: Save it. Being comfortable is overrated.”
“- Barry Seal: I'm not working for TWA no more.
- Lucy Seal: No shit, Barry! Are you going to prison?
- Barry Seal: No, Ma'am.”
“Hollywood must be the only place on earth where you can get fired by someone wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a baseball cap.
“Let me tell you something, mister. You fire me and I'll make more noise than two skeletons making love in a tin coffin, brother.”
“If we expelled you that would make four prep schools in four years. Are you trying for the Guinness Book of Records?”
“- Lilo: Did you lose your job because of Stitch and me?
- Nani: Nah. The manager's a vampire. He wanted me to join his legion of the undead.
- Lilo: I knew it!”
“If you fire him, some of these people will leave. I don't know if we'd still have a magazine at the end of the day.”