“- Jade Butterfield: What would you do if I died?
- David Axelrod: I'd die... I'd die too.”
“Endless Love” quotes(1981)
Plot – David and Jade are madly in love, but she's only fifteen and her father forbids them to meet. David goes jealous and sets fire to her house, then he tries to turn it off to make Jade consider him like a hero.
All actors – Brooke Shields, Martin Hewitt, Shirley Knight, Don Murray, Richard Kiley, Beatrice Straight, James Spader, Ian Ziering, Robert Moore, Penelope Milford, Jan Miner, Salem Ludwigshow all
“Endless Love” Quotes 14 quotes
“No one ever thinks they can forget their first love. But we can.”
“- Ann Butterfield: Are we saving her for someone rich?
- Hugh Butterfield: God damn it. That's not fair. The girl is fifteen years old. Now when is she gonna study, when is she gonna sleep?
- Ann Butterfield: Come on. You're the one that's always saying she's sleeping too much. I know it's difficult, but aren't you happy that she has someone?...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- David Axelrod: I'll never stop loving you.
- Jade Butterfield: You can't say that. You don't know.
- David Axelrod: Yes, I do. I knew that from the very first. I'll never stop loving you. Never want to. You're all I care about! And me. The person I am when I'm with you.”
“- Jade Butterfield: Do you think I'm too small on top?
- David Axelrod: You're perfect.
- Jade Butterfield: My eyes are too close together.
- David Axelrod: They're perfect.
- Jade Butterfield: When I'm wrinkled and fat, you'll stop loving me. C'est la vie.”
“- David Axelrod: I heard you were writing again. It's great. Tell me... That story you wrote about me. Do you have a copy? I'd like to read it sometime.
- Ann Butterfield: It isn't just about you. It's about you and Jade and me. It's about the time I saw the two of you making love.”
“Of all the things I regret I did, the ones I didn't are the ones I mourn the most.”
“I know it's difficult to understand, but I can't make love to anybody but Jade. It's just the way I feel.”
“I think that night... that night that I came down and saw you with Jade and then made love to my husband... I was making love to you.”
“You know what I keep thinking about? A night in the house. I was a little girl, and then I saw David all alone. And I don't know. I just... I wanted to go to him. Was that wrong? I wasn't a happy little girl anymore. Something changed. The first time in my life I was me.”
“I'll tell you something. Seeing you in love reminded me of what it's like. I never thought I could believe in all this a second time.”
“It was a once in a lifetime thing, David. I know that! And it came in a time when we were too young to handle it. That was the terrible part.”
“Just because you're fucking my sister doesn't mean you're part of the family.”
“- Ann Butterfield: Life goes on. We change.
- Jade Butterfield: But it hurts. It hurts so much.”