Experience quotes201 experience quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I've got not much to say. I don't think I've learned a lot of things over the years: I've learned that there are thousands of thoughtless things you can do. And among these things one is more thoughtless than the others. And that's the one you usually do. I've learned that black clashes with blue. I've learned that some odours settle in your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You can take from every experience what it has to offer you. And you cannot be defeated if you just keep taking one breath followed by another.”
“It's a procedure. Like rebuilding a carburetor has a procedure. You know, when you rebuild a carburetor, the first thing you do is you take the carburetor off the manifold? Supposing you skip the first step, and while you're replacing one of the jets, you accidentally drop the jet, it goes down the carburetor, rolls along the manifold, and goes...” (continue)(continue reading)
“For me, I'd rather have an intense experience than not.”
“- Lt. Topper Harley: So... I guess you've been with a man before...
- Ramada Thompson: I'm a virgin. I'm just not very good at it.”
“- Henry Frapp: I holed up behind some rocks' but that didn't do no good... because they just kept on a-comin', entire Sioux nation. Me outta powder, outta lead. Goddamn, I was one scared nigger!
- Bill Tyler: I thought you said they was 'Rapaho.
- Henry Frapp: No, goddamnit! They was Pawnee!
- Bill Tyler: Well, what happened to you?
- Henry...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Some lessons can't be taught, Elektra. They must be lived to be understood.”
“Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.”
“You experience things and then they're over, and you still can't explain them.”
“- Kevin Scott: I was discharged for striking a radio operator who fell asleep at his post. You're worried that I have no combat experience. You're right. There's no way of proving that I won't fail in combat. But then again, you can't prove that I will, either.
- Sailor: This is gonna' be a whole lotta' fun with this one.”
“Personally I know nothing about sex, because I've always been married.”
“That was the single most thrilling experience of my entire life.”
“I guess people like to read about the things that they want the most and experience the least.”
“- Will Foster: We're the sum total of what has happened to us and how we processed it. That's what makes us us. It's all neurochemistry.
- Mona: Do you really believe that? That's all I am? Your children? Just pathways, electrical signals and chemistry? You have kids that love you and a wife that adores you and we have a scientist.”
“I’m like a sexual snowflake. Each night with me is a unique experience”
“- Hunk Houghton: You know, I got a spot for you in the show. I'll teach you a new tune.
- Vince Everett: I don't know. What's the percentage in singing for a bunch of cons?
- Hunk Houghton: Experience, you lunkhead! That's the percentage.”
- Loki: If you're going to Earth, you might want a guide. I do have a bit of experience in that arena.
- Thanos: Well, if you consider "failure" experience.
- Loki: I consider "experience" experience.
“I'm a really cautious person, so I don't let myself get into near-death experiences. I'm not into the idea of skydiving or anything.”