Education quotes161 education quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Look, Miss Snit, a girl does not get anywhere by acting intelligent! I mean, take a look at you and me. You chose books, I chose looks. I have a nice house, a wonderful husband and you are slaving away teaching snot-nosed children their ABCs.”
“- Professor Henry Jones: Did I ever tell you to eat up, go to bed, wash your ears, do your homework? No, I respected your privacy and I taught you self-reliance.
- Indiana Jones: What you taught me, is that I was less important to you than people that have been dead for several hundered years and in other countries, and I learned it so well,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A man is supposed to take care of his family. You live in my house, feed your belly with my food, put your behind on my bed because you're my son. It's my duty to take care of you, I owe a responsibility to you, I ain't got to like you! Now, I gave everything I got to give you! I gave you your life! Me and your Mama worked out between us and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In Finland, getting a university degree is the first thing that you expect your kids to do.”
“- Lady Markby: I can't help feeling that this disturbing new thing, this higher education of women, will deal a terrible blow to happy married life.
- Mrs. Laura Cheveley: The higher education of men is what I should like to see. Men need it so sadly.
- Lady Markby: They do, dear. But I'm afraid such a scheme would be quite unpractical. I don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I tried to prove myself to you, but I know nothing of books, or alphabets, or sun, or moon or… All I know is Joseph loves Shannon.”
“- Will Hunting: The sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doing some thinking on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fucking education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
- Sam Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment?”
“What are you looking at? You're laborers; you should be laboring. That's what you get for not having an education.”
“- Veronica Franco: The Latin for banana is arienna. Bananatree is pala. A woman's greatest, and most hard-won asset... is an education.
- Giulia De Lezze: Just because you can say it in Latin doesn't make it any less obscene.
- Veronica Franco: Just because you took a vow doesn't mean you know how to love.”
“You can't make someone want education.”
“I didn't go to college. I don't know anybody who did. Bunch of hippies and cesspool salesmen.”
“School spirit is for losers man. You're just like floating along on the conveyer belt of conformity... pep rallies, extra curricular activities, washing your hair... It's all just a trap, man.”
“- Dr. Zempf: Has anybody instructed Lolita in the facts of life?
- Humbert Humbert: The facts?
- Dr. Zempf: The facts of life. You see, Lolita is a sweet, little child, but the onset of maturity seems to be giving her a certain amount of trouble.
- Humbert Humbert: I really don't think that this is a fit topic.
- Dr. Zempf: Well, Dr. Humbert, to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sarbojaya Ray: You'll educate the boy, give him his sacred thread, teach him to worship the gods. Durga will find a good husband. Two meals a day, new clothes twice a year - what more could we want?
- Harihar Ray: We'll have all that and more. My ancestors were writers, after all. They left a legacy that can't be ignored. Just wait two years....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't want my daughters growing up entitled and spoiled. And I agree with my father: you give your children enough money to do something but not enough to do nothing.”