History quotes168 history quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“There's a special excitement in playing a man who made a hole in history large enough to be remembered centuries after he died.”
“A mad genius. An unholy creation. The world, of course, remembers the monster, not the man. But sometimes, when you look closely, there's more to a tale. Sometimes the monster is the man.”
“Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.”
“Half of writing history is hiding the truth.”
“Some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend; legend became myth.”
“- Brody: For nearly three thousand years man has been searching for the lost Ark. It's not something to be taken lightly. No one knows its secrets. It's like nothing you've ever gone after before.
- Indiana Jones: Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- McCroskey: Jacobs, I want to know absolutely everything that's happened up till now.
- Jacobs: Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I know more about the law and the history out here than the people themselves. Let me tell you, I feel for them. They're a proud people. But they're also a conquered people. That means their future is dictated by the nation that conquered them. Rightly or wrongly, that's the way it works, down through history.”
“These are facts, sir. Not school book history, not Mr. Wells's history, but history nevertheless. They sent this foot-high jeweled bird to Charles, who was then in Spain. They sent it in a galley commanded by a member of the Order. It never reached Spain.”
“What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again.”
“Ever wonder why history repeats itself?”
“Here we have Joan of Arc - a favorite subject of mine.”
“- Lee Hart: Go on, Gary, say it.
- Gary Hart: There's going to be a story tomorrow about me.”
“You know who else was just following orders? Adolf Hitler.”
“- Colonel Robert Lowry: They pulled all of Jones, Jasper, Perry and half of Smith County.
- Chester: How is that even possible?”
“How do civilized human beings participate in destructive, inhumane acts? How was genocide implemented so systematically, so efficiently? And how did the perpetrators of these murders live with themselves?”
- Medieval Times Waitress: There were no utensils in Medieval times, hence there are no utensils at "Medieval Times". Now, would you like a refill on that Pepsi?
- Steven M. Kovacs: There were no utensils, but there was Pepsi?
- Medieval Times Waitress: Dude, I've got a lot of tables.
“- Lisa Simpson: History is written by the winners, Dad.
- Homer Simpson: I thought it was written by losers.”
“- Beck Weathers: What do you do when you're not climbing, Doug?
- Doug Hansen: I deliver the mail.
- Beck Weathers: First mailman on Everest?
- Doug Hansen: Hope so!”