Plot – According to an ancient legend, immortals live among the humans. In New York City one of them works as an antiquarian. He is Connor MacLeod, an aristocrat Scottish man who in 1536 fought against Kurgan, the leader of the opponents. He was expelled from the village and married Heather. When Ramirez, an immortal Spanish nobleman, finds him, Connor reveals his nature. Now they have to fight each other, until the survivors reunite at the "Great Gathering", even if every gathering usually ends up with the decapitation of the weakest immortal.
All actors – Christopher Lambert, Roxanne Hart, Clancy Brown, Sean Connery, Beatie Edney, Alan North, Jon Polito, Sheila Gish, Hugh Quarshie, Christopher Malcolm, Peter Diamond, Billy Hartman, James Cosmo, Celia Imrie, Alistair Findlay, Edward Wiley, James McKenna, John Cassady, Ian Reddington, Sion Tudor Owen, Damien Leake, Gordon Sterne, Ron Berglas, Louis Guss, Peter Banks, Ted Maynard, Waldo Roeg, Anthony Mannino, Helena Stevens, Frank Dux, Prince Howell, Anthony Fusco, Ian Tyler, Corinne Russell, Buckley Norris, Richard Bonehill, Jim Brunzell, Sam Fatu, Harry Fielder, Greg Gagne, Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy, Ed Montalvo, Buddy Roberts, Michael Seitzshow all
“Highlander” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Connor MacLeod: Ramirez's blade did not cut deeply enough. He was right about you. You're slime.
- Kurgan: Ramirez was an effete snob! He died on his knees. I took his head and raped his woman before his blood was even cold. Ah, I see. Ramirez lied. She was not his woman. She was your woman. And she never told you. I wonder why. Perhaps I gave...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's better to burn out than to fade away!”
“There can be only one!”
“- Heather: I've never really known...
- Connor MacLeod: What?
- Heather: Why you stayed.
- Connor MacLeod: Because I love you as much now as the first day we met.”
“- Sunda Kastagir: MacLeod, it's good to see you again. It seems like a hundred years.
- Connor MacLeod: It's been a hundred years.”
“I have the power! The quickening that empowers me! I feel everything! I know everything! I am everything!”
“- Kurgan: You can't defeat me, Ramirez! I am the strongest!
- Ramirez: My cut has improved your voice!”
“You only have one life! If you value it, go home!”
“I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal.”
“You cannot die, MacLeod. Accept it!”
“- Rachel Ellenstein: You refuse to let anyone love you.
- Connor MacLeod: Love is for poets.”
“- Connor MacLeod: I've been alive for four and a half centuries, and I cannot die.
- Brenda Wyatt: Everyone has got their problems.”
“- Priest: This is a house of God. People are trying to pray. You're disturbing them.
- Kurgan: He cares about these helpless mortals?
- Priest: Of course He cares. He died for our sins.”