Prophecy quotes23 prophecy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“There can be only one!”
“A prophet isn't allowed to be wrong. Not once.”
“- La Santona: What have they stolen?
- Antonio Ricci: My bike.
- La Santona: What can I say? I can only tell you what I see. Listen: you'll find it straight away or not at all. Understand? You'll find it straight away or not at all. Keep your eyes open.
- Antonio Ricci: Where, straight away?
- La Santona: How should I know? Go and try to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I predict a hatchet murder before the night's over.”
“We have an ancient prophecy that tell of a boy, a boy who would be disappeared from his world until he was old enough to return and lead an uprising against me. A boy who could fly...”
“- Gandalf the Grey: Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies because you helped bring them about? You don't really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck, just for your sole benefit? You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm very fond of you, but you're only quite a little fellow in a wide world,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lady Jessica: I once told you a daughter would be conceived at a time of parting.
- Duke Leto Atreides: I remember. Conceived in love, at a time of parting.”
“People who don't drink are afraid of revealing themselves.”
“Did you actually believe, or are you truly naïve enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die.”
Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!”.
“A prophet is seldom heeded in his own land.”
“There is Cesare. Never ask him to tell your fortune; it will mean death for you.”
“- Jen: The prophecy didn't say anything about this!
- Kira: Prophets don't know everything!”
“- Fauna Flood: The stars say that you are going to be, oh... that you are going to be President of the United States!
- Mack: I don't believe it.
- Hazel: I don't want to be no President!
- Fauna Flood: You got no choice; the stars have spoken. You'll just have to go to Washington.
- Hazel: But I don't want to! I don't know nobody there!”
“- Avron: Jakob Heym may not be the Messiah, but he could be a prophet.
- Herschel: Prophets speak in the name of God. All the pancake vendor has got is a radio!
- Avron: He's saying the same thing Isaiah said, people of Israel, I will lead you out of bondage.
- Frankfurter: Out of bondage. If this is what we get from Isaiah, I can't wait to find...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Fulfilling the Fremen prophecy. Where there was war, Muad'Dib would now bring peace. Where there was hatred, Muad'Dib would bring love. To lead the people to true freedom and to change the face of Arrakis.”