Purpose quotes168 purpose quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Begin each day as if it were on purpose.”
“What's the good of living without hope?”
“We are here for something new, this has not happened much, in the history of the world. We are an army out to set other men free. America should be free ground, all of it, not divided by a line between slave states and free - all the way from here to the PacificOcean. No man has to bow. No man born to royalty. Here we judge you by what you do,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“One comes to a decision based on what one wants, not based on what one doesn't want.”
“Promise can never be an end in itself.”
“When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Constance: Could you imagine someone being hanged because of something I said?
- Mary Maceachran: I know. And what purpose could it possibly serve?”
“- Dean Armitage: What is your purpose, Chris?
- Chris Washington: What?
- Dean Armitage: In life. What is your purpose?
- Chris Washington: Right now, it's finding those keys.
- Dean Armitage: Fire. It's a reflection of our own mortality. We're born, we breathe, and we die.
- Chris Washington: Rose?
- Rose Armitage: I'm looking.
- Dean Armitage:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Goro Maki: Was it vengeance that drove you to study Godzilla?
- Dr. Hayashida: At first. But not now.”
“Dying for the right cause. It's the most human thing we can do.”
“The Pacific Northwestern salmon beats itself bloody on it's quest to travel hundreds of miles upstream against the current, with a single purpose, sex of course, but also... life.”
“Deeds themselves are useless unless they are for some higher purpose.”
“- Supreme Chancellor Palpatine: Are you going to kill me?
- Anakin Skywalker: I would certainly like to!
- Supreme Chancellor Palpatine: I know you would. I can feel your anger. It give you focus... makes you stronger.”
“You're here to sell sugar and plastic.”
“- Qohen Leth: What I'm living for?
- Management: That's a good question Mr Leth, posed entirely to the wrong person. You see, it seems you've mistaken me for a considerably higher power. I'm not the source of your call. I'm not God or the Devil, I'm just a man ... seeking the truth.”
“- Peter Quill: Doesn't eternity get boring?
- Ego: Not if you have a purpose.”