“Memphis Belle” quotes(1990)
Plot – In May 1943 during World War II, the "Memphis Belle" takes the flight from an American airfield in England to celebrate its twenty-fifth mission over Nazi Germany. The flying fortress is piloted by a young commander, Dennis Dearborn. Onboard there are nine crew members: Luke Sinclair, the ambitious second driver; Danny Daly, the Irish-American radio operator full of ideals; Val Koslowski, the bomber; Phil Rosenthal, the navigator and a drink lover; the engineer-gunner Virgil; Jack Bocci, Eugene McVey, Clay Busby and Richard "Rascal" Morre, the four gunners. When some enemies attack the giant B-17 bomber, the mission turns dangerous, but the "Memphis Belle" completes successfully the mission and lands by chance.
All actors – Matthew Modine, Eric Stoltz, Tate Donovan, D.B. Sweeney, Billy Zane, Sean Astin, Harry Connick Jr., Reed Diamond, Courtney Gains, Neil Giuntoli, David Strathairn, John Lithgowshow all
“Memphis Belle” Quotes 7 quotes
- Sgt. Eugene McVey: Has anyone seen my Saint Anthony's medal?
- Sgt. Danny "Danny Boy" Daly: Isn't he the patron saint of lost things?
- Sgt. Eugene McVey: Yeah, I can't find it.
“Yeah Luke, why go back to the daily grind of being a lifeguard? Take it easy!”
“- Capt. Dennis Dearborn: And if we don't drop these bombs right in the pickle barrel there are going to be a lot of innocent people killed.
- 1st Lt. Luke Sinclair: What's the difference? They're all Nazis!”
“If they found out they'd put my hot dog in a bun and chow down.”
“- 1st Lt. Luke Sinclair: Fuel gauge is shot. How long can we fly on one engine?
- Capt. Dennis Dearborn: I don't know. I guess we'll find out.”
- Sgt. Virgil Hoogesteger: I know exactly what I'm gonna do...
- Sgt. Richard "Rascal" Moore: Oh God, Virg, if I have to hear one more word about that stupid restaurant...
- Sgt. Virgil Hoogesteger: It's not stupid! At least I've got a plan! What are you gonna do after the war, huh?
- Sgt. Richard "Rascal" Moore: Come to your restaurant and rob it!
- Stan the Rookie: We had our first practice today.
- Sgt. Richard "Rascal" Moore: Oh yeah? How'd it go?
- Stan the Rookie: Well, we need a couple more. If you guys have any advice...?
- Sgt. Jack Bocci: Yeah, get a gun, shoot yourself in the foot, and go home!
- Sgt. Eugene McVey: Now, that's good advice!
- Sgt. Richard "Rascal" Moore: Hey, are... (continue)(continue reading)