Plot – Chris Taylor, a guy from a good family, flies to Vietnam to discover the country is under a war. There Sergeant Barnes has become a very dangerous soldier who tortures the enemies, while Sergeant Elias tries to keep his humanity. After destroying a village suspected of hosting Vietcongs, Barnes draws Elias into a trap and kills him, fearing he could report his behaviour.
All actors – Tom Berenger, Keith David, Willem Dafoe, Forest Whitaker, Francesco Quinn, Kevin Dillon, John C. McGinley, Reggie Johnson, Mark Moses, Corey Glover, Johnny Depp, Chris Pedersen, Bob Orwig, Corkey Ford, David Neidorf, Charlie Sheen, Richard Edson, Tony Todd, Kevin Eshelman, James Terry McIlvain, J. Adam Glover, Ivan Kane, Paul Sanchez, Dale Dye, Peter Hicks, Basile Achara, Steve Barredo, Chris Castillejo, Andrew B. Clark, Bernardo Manalili, Than Rogers, Li Thi Van, Clarisa Ortacio, Romy Sevilla, Mathew Westfall, Nick Nicholson, Warren McLean, Li Mai Thao, Ron Barracks, , H. Gordon Boos, Brad Cassini, Mark Ebenhoch, Robert 'Rock' Galotti, Eric Hahn, Berto Spoor, Oliver Stone, Henry Strzalkowskishow all
“Platoon” Quotes 16 quotes
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason". That's what this place feels like. Hell.
“Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one.”
“I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy; we fought ourselves. And the enemy was in us.”
“Everybody know the poor are always being fucked over by the rich. Always have, always will.”
“You all take a good look at this lump of shit. Remember what it looks like. You fuck up in a firefight and I goddamn guarantee you a trip out of the bush, in a body bag!”
“You get to do what you want. Nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens, you won't know about it anyway.”
“- Sgt. Elias: First time?
- Chris: Yeah.
- Sgt. Elias: Then the worm has definitely turned for you, man. Feel good?
- Chris: Yeah, it feels good. I got no pain in my neck now.
- Sgt. Elias: Feeling good's good enough.”
“- Chris: He killed him. I know that he killed him. I saw his eyes when he came back in.
- Rhah: How do you know the dinks didn't get him? You've got no proof, man.
- Chris: Proof's in the eyes, man. When you know, you know.”
- Francis: It ain't "D-E-R-E", it's "D-E-A-R". And "Sarah" ain't got no two R's, King. Damn, you dumb!
- King: It don't make no difference. She know what I mean. She don't read too good nohow.
“Shut up! Shut up, and take the pain! Take the pain!”
“- King: Hey Taylor, how many days you got left? Three hundred and what?
- Chris: Thirty two. 332 days.
- Crawford: Shit, I can't even remember when I was 332, man. You gotta like, count backwards or something, you know like you got 40 days in? Think positive, dude.”
“- Sgt. Elias: We're gonna lose this war.
- Chris: Come on. You really think so? Us?
- Sgt. Elias: We been kicking other peoples asses for so long, I figured it's time we got ours kicked.”
“I love this place at night, the stars. There's no right or wrong in them. They're just there.”