“The Siege of Firebase Gloria” quotes(1989)
All actors – Wings Hauser, R. Lee Ermey, Robert Arevalo, Mark Neely, Gary Hershberger, Clyde Jones, Margaret Gerard, Richard Kuhlman, John Calvin, Albert Popwell, Michael Cruz, Erich Hausershow all
“The Siege of Firebase Gloria” Quotes 15 quotes
- Flanagan: What the hell are you doing? Leave him alone!
- Cpl. Joseph L. DiNardo: Look lady, this is called "extracting infromation". Do you understand that?
- Flanagan: So we torture prisoners now, do we?
- Cpl. Joseph L. DiNardo: You're goddamn right! This ain't Nebraska, lady.
“This is Vietnam, you understand? Even the women have got balls! Instead of them communist armies putting books in their hands and sending them to school, they wrap 'em up in dynamite and they send them off to kill G.I.'s. You got that? That's the enemy, Murphy. That's the enemy! Get it together!”
“- Bill Hafner: I didn't know that you were a flag-waver, Jones.
- Jones: I care... I don't care for a lot of it, but what I care for, I care for a lot. You know what I mean? I been a dedicated soldier for twenty three years. Does that tell you something? Hmm?
- Bill Hafner: Yeah, I came in the Marine Corps when I was 17 years old. It's all I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Six-one-two, this is six. Thirty-second pass over the canopy. Let's burn Charlie's ass. Gunners on your left, you'll notice targets of opportunity. Please fire at will, and thank you for flying Moran Airlines.”
“The nights are always beautiful that time of year. But you were no safer at night. And the long hours of stillness worked on your fears. Night was the time you wondered what the hell you were doing here... and whether or not you'd get your balls blown off tomorrow. You could do some pretty ugly thinking at night. For some of us, the nights were...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bill Hafner: How many men you got out there that ain't brain dead?
- Jones: I've got nobody willing to trip over his own guts for the Vietnamese way of life.
- Bill Hafner: I got no delusions about you or your men's democracy Jones. We are gonna refortify this shit hole and protect it like it was your daughter's cherry. I ain't gonna die here.”
“This rotten war was gettin' to us: we'd stayed too long, and seen too much.”
“The courage of your enemies does you honor.”
Headquarters still didn't buy my analysis of the situation. Hell, they had "experts" sitting in air-conditioned offices in Saigon who understood the war better than any one in the front line. We had asked for ammunition and reinforcements. What we got was the mail run, a few cases of beer, and a VD film... There were times when we all wondered... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Pilot: There's a cease-fire. Can't you tell?
- Moran: Yeah. We cease, they fire.”