“The Wolf Man” quotes(1941)
Plot – A young guy falls in love with a girl at first sight. He's reciprocated but the girl has a boyfriend yet. One evening, they go into the woods to visit with a friend a gypsy fortune-teller, but the friend disappears and the other two guys start looking for her. She's defending herself against a wolf and the guy throws himself against the beast. The next morning he learns with horror he has killed a werewolf and soon he transforms into a beast. First he kills the cemetery's caretaker, then he rushes against his beloved one and his father will be the next one. The man doesn't recognize his son and kills the beast. The girl is deeply shocked and comes back to her boyfriend.
All actors – Lon Chaney Jr., Claude Rains, Ralph Bellamy, Warren William, Patric Knowles, Bela Lugosi, Maria Ouspenskaya, Evelyn Ankers, Fay Helm, J.M. Kerrigan, Forrester Harvey, Jessie Arnold, Caroline Cooke, Harry Cording, Margaret Fealy, Gibson Gowland, Leyland Hodgson, Olaf Hytten, La Riana, Connie Leon, Doris Lloyd, Ottola Nesmith, Eddie Polo, Ernie Stanton, Tom Stevenson, Harry Stubbs, Eric Wiltonshow all
“The Wolf Man” Quotes 13 quotes
“Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.”
“- Maleva: Whoever is bitten by a werewolf and lives becomes a werewolf himself.
- Larry Talbot - The Wolf Man: Don't hand me that. You're just wasting your time.
- Maleva: The wolf bit you, didn't he?”
“- Maleva: You killed the wolf.
- Larry Talbot - The Wolf Man: There's no crime in that is there?
- Maleva: The wolf was Bela.
- Larry Talbot - The Wolf Man: You think I don't know the difference between a wolf and a man?”
“It isn't a wolf... it's a werewolf!”
“Fighting against superstition is as hard as fighting against Satan himself.”
“- Larry Talbot - The Wolf Man: You wouldn't wanna run away with a murderer, would you?
- Gwen Conliffe: Oh Larry, you're not. You know you're not.
- Larry Talbot - The Wolf Man: I killed Bela. I killed Richardson. If I stay here any longer, you can't tell who'll be next.”
“- Sir John Talbot: Larry, Bela the gypsy was killed last night. Your walking stick was found next to the body.
- Larry Talbot - The Wolf Man: You mean, Bela the fortune teller? But... I only saw a wolf.”
“- Reverend Norman: My dear Maleva, we can't bury this man without prayer.
- Maleva: There is nothing to pray for, sir. Bela has entered a much better world than this. At least, so your ministers always say, sir.”