Light quotes45 light quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The light in Barcelona is quite different from the light in Tokyo. And, the light in Tokyo is different from that in Prague. A truly great structure, one that is meant to stand the tests of time never disregards its environment. A serious architect takes that into account. He knows that if he wants presence, he must consult with nature. He must...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”
“- John: What's a leerie?
- Jack: Why, it's what we lamplighters call ourselves, of course. Leeries, trip the lights and lead the way!”
“In my yellow room, sunflowers with purple eyes stand out on a yellow background; they bathe their stems in a yellow pot on a yellow table. In the corner of the painting, the signature of the painter: Vincent. And the yellow sun that passes through the yellow curtain of my room floods all this illumination with gold; and in the morning upon...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Doctor Felix Ray: What do you paint?
- Vincent van Gogh: Sunlight.”
“I'd like to find a new light. A new light for paintings we haven't yet seen.”
“We stay in the light, we stay alive.”
“Don't you turn your back on me, Harry Potter! I want you to look at me when I kill you! I want to see the light leave your eyes!”
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.”
“I came to America in 1914 - by way of Philadelphia. That's where I got off the boat. And then I came to Baltimore. It was the most beautiful place you ever seen in your life. There were lights everywhere! What lights they had! It was a celebration of lights! I thought they were for me, Sam, who was in America. Sam was in America! I didn't know...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Where you got love you got hate, where you got light you got darkness.”
“- Shoeless Joe Jackson: What's with the lights?
- Ray Kinsella: Oh, all the stadiums have them now. Even Wrigley Field.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson: Makes it harder to see the ball.
- Ray Kinsella: Yeah, well, the owners found that more people can attend night games.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson: [shakes his head] Owners.”
“Some people believe that when people die, there's a wonderful Light, as bright as the sun. But it doesn't hurt to look into it. All the answers to all the questions that you ever want to know are inside that Light. And when you walk to it, you become a part of it forever. And then, some people die but they don't know that they've gone.”
“- Dory: Who's that?
- Marlin: Who's that? Who else would it be? It's me!
- Dory: Are... are you my conscience?
- Marlin: Yes, I'm your conscience. We haven't spoken for a while. How are you?
- Dory: Eh, can't complain.
- Marlin: Good. Now, Dory, do you see anything?
- Dory: Yes, I see... a light. Hey, conscience, am I dead?”
“- Garrett Breedlove: I like the lights on.
- Aurora Greenway: Then go home and turn them on.”
“You'd be surprised how much energy is in a beam of light.”
“Remember what I said about people seein' a bright light before they die? It ain't true. I can't see a damn thing.”
“Do the stars gaze back?”